Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"STOP THE TRAIN SANTA"


Ok so I didn't have to say that....but I thought I was going to have to.....my little Delaney Cat is getting her molars so she's had a runny nose and cough. Now, I have "fallen" for this a couple of times in the past where I freak out thinking she's really sick and take her to the pediatrician (I think they should have an express lane for "first time moms" since we get in and out so quickly because there's never anything "wrong" with our babies). While we were riding the Polar Bear Express over the weekend, Delaney coughed and if I didn't know any better I would have thought the little girl was having an asthma attack (which she does not have). I have never heard her cough like that. Grandma "suggested" I get her to the doctor. Delaney has been waking up through the night with this cough so something had to give......I woke up yesterday morning to her coughing and immediately called the pediatrician whose number is stored in my contacts (that can't just be a first time mom thing right??). They said they could see us at 10:15 and just before we hung up she said "ma'am, I'm sorry someone already took that time slot can you come at 10:45"---which sounded a whole lot better to us! Although, somehow, we were still late! Little Delaney's ears, throat, and chest were all clear and there was nothing they could do for her......I told the doctor I was just sure it was from teething but her grandma heard her cough and well, here we were. I asked him if grandmas keep him in business and he said, no, day cares do! I will of course be sending grandma the bill from our wasted trip (unless Anthem wants to consider it a "well baby visit" seeing how my baby is well!). I was soooooooo glad Delaney doesn't have anything serious going on because we had a little shopping we needed to do and who in their right mind would take a sick baby shopping (even I have limits)! I bought my "well baby" Halloween/Thanksgiving shirts for next year (on clearance of course) in hopes that she may stop waking up at night! While we were at the doctor's office Delaney got weighed (on the ADULT/BIG PERSON/STANDING scale I might add which I was NOT expecting and hope they get rid of by the next time we go back so my baby can be weighed on the baby scale) and she weighed 26 and 1/2 lbs (but she was wearing clothes and her "fuggs"---fake Uggs so I think she's more like 26 lbs. I am attaching what is likely the world's worst picture (minus the subject of course) of Delaney running around the doctor's office grabbing all of the germ infested magazines!

No comments:

Post a Comment