Monday, December 19, 2011

The Show Must Go On!!!

Despite the fact Delaney and I are still taking antibiotics, we spent the weekend kicking it in high gear and got a Christmas tree.  In fact, it was marked down so I guess that's a sign we waited pretty late (I have never seen Christmas trees marked down)!  I went to the place I went last year which is grossly overpriced but extremely close to home so.......do I even need to finish this sentence????  I was so excited when I saw it marked down!  And just like last year, I made a quick phone call to Angie my interior designer friend and "hangie" as Delaney calls her was at our doorstep (she had me make her an Airborne drink before she came over that was ready and sitting by the front door when she arrived to protect her from our germs)!!!!  I'll post more Christmas pictures later but wanted you to see that we finally have our tree up and if you're wondering where the ornaments are well they are nicely tucked away in their Rubbermaid container I decided they looked better stored away in the basement this year! ha ha ha
And since we're feeling better Delaney and I (ok mostly I) decided to make some friends and neighbors some Christmas goodies today! Delaney never ceases to amaze me---I wasn't sure how she would be around the tree (it was decorated while she slept) so it was a perfect day to be in the kitchen and boy were we!  She sat in her high chair for over 2 hours while I made cookies.  Watching me cook must have worn her out because at 1:30 she grabbed her babies and walked up to me and said "night night" and walked down the hall into her room.  Not before stopping at her humidifier and telling me to turn it "on on".  She then slept until 4:15!  LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We can't wait to pass out our goodies...............

No comments:

Post a Comment