Friday, December 9, 2011

Santa Visit 2011

I wasn't sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing......here is Delaney and "the twins" checking out Santa........There aren't a lot of things I will wake Delaney up from a nap for but Santa tops the list (well, that and a good shoe sale)!!! I have no clue why she is sucking her thumb because I had to wake her up at 4:30 after an almost 3 hour nap (notice the bow!!!)................
And here she is pointing to her milk. Mental note for 2012---leave milk at home!! She wrapped her legs around me so tightly when we walked up to Santa but I am THAT MOM---I was getting my overpriced 5x7 no matter what the cost. As soon as she sat down she was fine, no smiles, but she didn't cry, she just wanted her milk.
And who needs to play with baby dolls while they're waiting on their picture when they can play with grandma's cell phone..............I promised Delaney if she would sit on Santa's lap we would go to Von Maur. But, I didn't say she would get anything. They had an awesome display I wanted to use for our Christmas cards. After many attempts (and one broken bulb---oops, sorry Von Maur---although Delaney's grandmas decided it was ridiculous Von Maur's tree wasn't plastic ornaments as they should know kids are going to break them---isn't that just like a grandma to blame the tree and not the 20 month old!) I got what I refer to as "useable" pictures---again, no smiles but what can you expect from a 20 month old! So, we hurried home and ordered our Christmas cards and I am proud to say I didn't have to overnight them. I always try to come up with a unique Christmas card idea and put a lot of pressure on myself and then just end up doing something in a hurry. Speaking of hurry, you would think after Delaney broke (ok, I should say shattered) one of the bulbs at Von Maur, we would be in a hurry to get the heck out of there but not us, grandmas kept on trying to get Delaney's attention and I just kept snapping pictures as Delaney pointed to the shattered bulb on the ground as one employee stood guard over it while another went and got a broom saying "uh oh"..........REALLY Delaney?? Couldn't we have just played that one off!!!!
Speaking of Christmas---Merry Christmas to Me!!! The UPS man delivered this last week and it is still in the box (I am a bit intimidated by it). This is like a Cricut if you've ever heard of that. I stayed up until 2:00 A.M. on Black Friday to get this beauty (it was going to be discounted but you didn't know how much until they went on sale---if I had it to do over, I would have spent the $50 I saved and gotten sleep!). I decided on the Sihloutte Cameo v. Cricut because this does not require cartridges like Cricut. I hope to use this a lot for Delaney's birthday parties! Well, that is if I let her get any older of course..............

No comments:

Post a Comment