Sunday, December 25, 2011

21 Months

On Christmas, my little side kick turned 21 months old!  It is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G how fast she is growing, developing and learning.  Every day she does or says something new.  She totally blew me away at how she was into Christmas (but more on that later).  Here's what's happened in the last month:


  • You are 26 lbs and 32 inches tall and I can always tell you're growing because you outgrow your pants so quickly!
  • You had your first ear infection (a double) and it broke mommy's heart (but you were better just in time for Christmas)
  • You went to the Circus
  • You went on the Polar Bear Express
  • Your current obsessions are: Cuties (oranges), cookies, pineapple, baby dolls, pancakes, books, Lifetime movies (ok maybe not yet) and your mommy!
  • You are still sleeping from 9PM-9AM and take a 2 hour nap from 1-3 (no wonder your first word was night night)
  • You continue to have daily visitors and you don't let anyone outstay their welcome.  When you get the slightest hint they are ready to leave you tell your visitors bye and blow them a kiss
  • You were born with the gift of gab and talk NON STOP all day long.  Pretty much every day you say a new word and I can no longer keep up with all of the words you say
  • You are starting to recognize a stranger but yet are still a social butterfly.  You say hi to anyone and everyone when we are out
  • You are such a good natured little girl and I can take you anywhere and everywhere
  • We probably talk about "poop" 100 times a day!  You say poopy AFTER you poop and you also say it when you haven't.  If anyone ever told me how much I would talk about poop I would have never believed them!
  • You give kisses and your hug isn't a hug at all you lean in and turn your cheek so it is just a kiss on the cheek but nobody's complaining!
  • You are in 18 month clothes (24 month pajamas) and size 6 shoe


Dear Delaney Catherine,

How did we get here?  We just celebrated your 2nd Christmas and I know you're 3rd will be here in the blink of an eye.  You are such a special little girl and to know you really is to love you.  You have a huge "fan base" Delaney!  Your personality is larger than life and you love to entertain people just like your daddy!  I may be your mommy and your "care giver" but I can assure you Delaney Catherine you take far better care of me than I could ever take of you!  Thank you for hiring me for my "dream job"!!!!

Love,
Your momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment