Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mother WHAT??????

Apparently, my 10 month old Dell Laptop needs a new mother....board that is....and then we'll be good as new (hopefully)...................
And as you can expect, finding out I needed a new one didn't come easily. It came at about 2:00 a.m. after being on the phone for 2 hours after being hung up on 2 times!!!! But, during the course of my conversation with my Dell representative in southern India I did learn their average winter temperature and that they don't get snow. I then informed the 23 year old (yes, I learned that too---you can learn a lot about your rep just by asking) when he asked me why I was up so late (about a 12 hour time difference) that when you have a 20 month old baby you can only talk on the phone when they are sleeping..........I don't know if I'll ever speak to him again (I hope not because that would mean computer problems) but it was nice to learn something about another country....oh, and I also learned that I am a "homemaker". He asked if I stayed home with my baby and then said "so you're a homemaker".....I hadn't heard that word in a long time!!!! Oh, and don't worry, my defective motherboard won't prevent me from blogging! I'll continue to blog in between "homemaking"..................

He also asked if I had special plans this weekend and I told him I was taking my baby to the Circus (not sure if they have those in India and I certainly didn't want to make it sound like he was from another country or something by asking if he knew what that was! ha ha ha). He's going to do some Christmas shopping (see all of the things you can talk about at 2:00 a.m. with a kid in another country!!!) Now don't get me wrong, I am NOT a "homemaker" who is starving for adult conversation, I just didn't see the point in sitting on the phone at 2:00 a.m. and not talking! Even if I didn't understand half of what he was saying to me!

1 comment:

  1. So they sending a new laptap - you should have told them since your are a "homemaker" how many of these are you going to replace while little Miss is home - they don't realize how much you use yours...guess that is why you still have the box. Enjoy the circus - lots of pictures...

    ReplyDelete