Friday, December 23, 2011

Slowly But Surely.....

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas (despite the fact the temperature has been in the 50's).  I know I said Delaney was going to have to wear her Colts cheerleader outfit again but I realized it's just a few short days until Christmas and this little girl has Christmas shirts and pajamas she hasn't even worn yet.  Fortunately, the Colts still pulled off a win. Because you know if they hadn't it would have been because Delaney didn't wear her cheerleader outfit...............

What is wrong with this picture (and I'm not talking about the fact Delaney has her shoes on the sofa)????
 This bow was pulled out about as quickly as it went in..............and yes, Delaney finally got her hair cut!!
Delaney wanted to call Santa to make sure he was planning on stopping by and to remind him we'd leave out the secret key since we don't have a chimney---oh, and the alarm code, she needed to make sure he had that too!
Delaney made sure that there was still plenty of room to stare out the window and wait for her visitors.  Although Delaney is touching the tree in this picture, she has hardly paid any attention to it (guess I could have hung the bulbs after all).................
Delaney wore this jean skirt for the last time today (it's a size 6-12 months)......she also wore her squeak shoes which I typically take the squeak out as soon as we get them but I thought it would be fun to keep track of her.  I wonder if they make these for teenagers in case she ever tries to "squeak" out??????


Here are some photos of our Christmas decor.............


I learned to keep the trimmings from the bottom of the tree when I go buy one so I can use around the house.  I cannot find my wreath for the front door so I used this holder (which I usually put Christmas cards in) and stuck some tree branches in it.  I "heard" from people it made the house smell good but with my head cold I can't smell it......I don't typically "do" red as you know and Christmas is no exception.  I think Santa should consider changing that outfit of his to pink or brown (Delaney's signature colors)......our decor is mainly green......
I LOVE this photo album.  Delaney's grandma got it for her last year and it's filled with pictures from Delaney's 1st Christmas.  I flip through it everyday (and so does Delaney who has managed to rip 3 pages out).  And for all of you single girls, if you ever get married in the winter, don't waste your money on a cake topper, buy an ornament!  This was our wedding cake topper!  The picture of the vase (I could not get rid of that shadow) was a pinterest project.  Did you know instead of decorating with "snow" you can use Epsom salt instead?  The mason jar was just something I stuck small bulbs in and tied with raffia (which I used A LOT of for decorating this year)  This mason jar may or may not have been in our refrigerator with leftover vegetable soup in it my aunt made WEEKS ago...................
See what I mean about the raffia?  Oh and my other favorite thing to use this year is the stems from our Boxwoods---so glad I had our yard landscaped over the summer!!!  I have been sticking this stuff everywhere and if you receive a gift from us you "may" see it again...............Can you guess what my "cutie's" new favorite snack is???  (Although she calls them apples).........................
More Boxwood---man I've been sticking that stuff everywhere.  Oh, and if you're curious, the cookie jar is empty.  I got the ceramic firehouse years ago-----long before I met Dave.  Guess I always knew I'd marry a fireman!!!! (Please ignore the fingerprints on the chalkboard)..................The Jesus is the Gift is a stake you put outside in the yard or sit on the counter.  It is from Dayspring who has REALLY good sales on their Christmas decor after Christmas................
Not sure if peacock feathers are in again this year for tree toppers but we'll just pretend they are.  I couldn't sit out our stocking holders because they are VERY heavy so I just stuck the stockings in the drawers and you can imagine how many times Delaney pulls them down.  It's hard to see my hurricanes on the sofa table but they are one of my favorite things and they are from Dayspring......
 Despite Delaney wiping her nose she really is feeling much better................
 I........................................................
it's going to be a great Christmas!!!

(I'll post pictures of Delaney's room tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment