Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week's End Wrap Up!

We've had a pretty quiet week around our house.  Yep, no craziness going on around here!  I mean if your kid can't eat their Cheerios in their sunglasses then what can they do???????
We broke out the Smoothie machine and made Delaney some to keep in the freezer.  I got these jam jars at Kroger.  And, the verdict's in---Delaney loves them!  I found a recipe for a peanut butter and banana smoothie so I'm going to make that one next.  Delaney LOVES fruit so I need to be making smoothies with vegetables instead.
I made Delaney a salad for the first time.  Complete with cucumbers (which she loves) and Ranch dressing (which she's never had).............................
 and apparently doesn't love!  WHO DOESN'T LIKE RANCH???????
By Thursday, Delaney and I needed out of the house.  So we put on our "Fuggs" (a/k/a fake Uggs) and off to story time we went!
 And as soon as we got home, it was time to decide what to play with first!!
We hadn't been to story time since before the holidays (they shut down for several weeks) so I really wanted to make sure to take her this week.  Our local library has added a 2nd day of story time so now we can go on Tuesday or Thursday (both at 11:00 a.m. and believe me we don't get there a minute early!)  I want to be sure to blog about how much fun Delaney was at story time this week.  When I got up and showered, it hadn't started snowing.  When I got out and went in to get Delaney, I looked out her window and it had of course started snowing!  I went ahead and got us ready and when we went to leave it was full blown snowing.  Stop at first stop sign--CHECK...stop at second stop sign--NOT POSSIBLE.  I thought about just turning around but HELLO did you see that cute outfit above that Delaney was wearing?  I couldn't just waste that on a car ride down the street! I am not a fan of driving in bad road conditions.  Just because I have four wheel drive (well actually I have no clue how to put it in four wheel drive, there's a button but it means nothing to me!) doesn't mean everyone else does!  So we arrived at story time and I was glad to see I wasn't the only mom who dragged my kid out for 30 minutes of singing and reading!  And then the fun began.....it had been about a month since we had been so I thought Delaney would act just the same.  I thought wrong!  SHE NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME.  She was so interactive this time.  She rarely sat on my lap and stood most of the time.  I've mentioned before when Delaney does something she's suppose to we clap and say "good girl".  There's a lot of clapping going on at story time so when Delaney hears clapping she instinctively says "good girl"....AND SHE DID...... EVERY TIME WE CLAPPED.........OUT LOUD.......SO EVERYONE HEARD HER! There is a mom who brings a little baby who sleeps in the car seat and Delaney spotted her immediately and pointed and yelled "day day" (she does this every time we see a baby---actually, it doesn't have to be a baby, it can be a kid older than her).  The lady next to me forgot to turn off her cell phone (who does that---in a library!?!?!) and wouldn't you know, it rang! And wouldn't you know who immediately got distracted and kept pointing to her cell phone.  It's so fun to see this side of Delaney. I wouldn't say she's shy (I mean that's just not genetically possible) but she stays right by me and follows right along with the songs and what she's suppose to be doing.  And no, I am not even close to thinking about putting her in preschool.  What the heck would I do all day????  I know, I know, it's for her to interact with other kids and I may be a little bias but I certainly don't think Delaney Catherine is going to lack in the social skills department---call me crazy!  Oh, and if you're wondering, I still don't let her stay afterwards and play with the library toys/puzzles! G-E-R-M-S...........and yes, in case you're also wondering, I am the only mom who doesn't let Delaney stay and play (we sit in the back and try to sneak out)!  I have "threatened" to take the video camera next time so you can see how much fun she is!!!

We have no plans to get out this weekend (and likely won't leave the house until we figure out how to turn on that darn four wheel drive---oh and no, we didn't get a new car, we've had it for THREE years!).

I also want to blog something cute that happened the other night.  I sat a drink down and Delaney immediately went and got me a coaster!!!  So we text her aunt Ju Ju to tell her!

So our week was good and pretty uneventful----other than the little "event" Delaney did in the bathtub Friday night!  But we never talk about poop on the blog so we won't talk about it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment