Monday, January 30, 2012

ELMO has invaded our home!

Don't
 Ya
 Think????
Each night, before Delaney goes to bed she grabs: 2 babies, 2 cell phones and 2 blankets!  Somehow, she manages to carry it all to her room.  Delaney wore her Elmo shirt (Etsy) for the first time this weekend.  Can you believe I paired it with her red pants and red shoes????? When it was time to put on her pajamas, I said "arms up" and her arms went stiff.  The girl would NOT stop crying.  I didn't know what was wrong but quickly realized after I took off the shirt and sat it on top of her laundry basket she wanted it back on!  So, she slept in it!  Or so I thought....when I went to get her up yesterday morning, here is what I saw (I ran to get the camera!)  At some point, the kid took off the shirt (inside out) and threw it on the floor.....I mean one minute she's loving the red creature (what do I call him?? monster? puppet?) and the next she's throwing her shirt on the floor!  So I thought maybe her obsession with Elmo was over.  But if you saw our DVR you would know that is NOT the case.  I lost count how many episodes I watched yesterday of Sesame Street and now she only wants to watch Elmo (she calls Cookie Monster "cookie") so I have to fast forward until they show Elmo!  She now brings me the remote and says "Elmo"......................
See why I needed a Kindle???  Here is a small portion of my books that are stacked in my room.  Delaney managed to "unstack" them in a matter of seconds............she likes to take off the book covers for some reason.
 Then she came running out of my room carrying this book!!!  She really is my world traveler......


No comments:

Post a Comment