Saturday, January 7, 2012

"Unplugged"

I sat down to write this post about Delaney's apparent New Year's Resolution---the one I didn't know she made.  Here we are, one week into the new year and for SEVERAL days this past week she woke up at 8:30 A.M.!!!  It would have been nice for her to have told me about this little resolution to get up with the roosters!!!  I don't make resolutions (I like to call them "intentions") but one thing I want to do better at this year is "unplugging"......I want to spend less time on the cell phone (texting) less time on the laptop (I promise, the blog won't be affected) and less time watching t.v. (specifically, turning it off when Delaney is napping and doing more reading---currently, in book club, we are reading The Catcher In The Rye and if I can't get that thin book read in time I am for sure going to be kicked out!!) and just as I sat down to write this post about "unplugging" and how nice it was to hear just the other day someone tell me I was "kicking butt" when it came to raising Delaney.........I HEARD HER CRYING BECAUSE SHE WAS HURT!!!  I have no clue what happened because I was on the computer---you know---"Plugged In"!

I have been thinking about ways to spend less time on the computer (because I have no self control) and ways to cut costs so I decided I would unsubscribe to the bajillion flash sites and DAILY emails I get from stores.  I figured if I don't know about their sales/deals then I don't know what I'm missing.  This also goes hand in hand with my goal of "unplugging".  I have less emails to read and that means less time on the computer and of course less money out of my wallet!  Now, I want to be very clear with you and let you know that I unsubscribed to ALL OF THEM and that INCLUDES Gymboree AND Pottery Barn Kids....do I need to repeat that for you?  That INCLUDES Gymboree AND Pottery Barn Kids!!  You see, I have a 21 month old little girl who is going to go to college and do great things in this world--(I know this because I'm her mother and mothers know everything).  So, I'm going to stop buying belts and start tightening mine!  Oh, and another "intention" I want to make is to start saying no to the unimportant things and yes to the really important things like.......
 her.........

2 comments:

  1. Does this mean we have to go back to Babies R Us to take back the coat you bought her yesterday???? Lol! I am going to support you in the decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSE TO LET PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THAT! ha ha ha.......

    ReplyDelete