Wednesday, January 25, 2012

TwEnTy-TwO mOnThS

Delaney woke up yesterday morning (at 10:00 a.m.) and wanted to go "mall walking".  So, we put on our Shox (and matching grey puffer vests) and hit the mall.  I got Delaney a couple of bows on clearance at Von Maur (brown which is hard to tell in the picture) and a new Christmas bow!  As I was buying them, I looked down and realized Delaney wasn't wearing her bow.  So we backtracked and there it was on the floor of the children's department!  Why on earth I bought her more is beyond me!!!  After a little more "mall walking" it was time to go home for Delaney's nap OR SO I THOUGHT!  I contemplated waiting until after Delaney got up from her nap to leave but I figured that wouldn't be until around 4:00 or so so we just decided to leave at noon and be home by 2:00.  Delaney typically naps four hours after she wakes up for about 2 hours.  Without fail, if Delaney falls asleep in the car on the way home for her nap she will NOT take a nap once we get home.  So, I never like for her to fall asleep and I kept looking at her in the rear view mirror to make sure she was awake.  At one point, I think she was sleeping with her eyes open and her coat zipper in her mouth!  She came right in and went to bed and she always gives me false hope she's going to stay there!  After a half hour she was still talking so I just decided to get her back up (which I RARELY do but she's just so much fun it's hard not to--I mean what was I suppose to do?? Dishes? Laundry??)  So, after a total of THREE episodes of Sesame Street it was time for Delaney to.............

 Earn her keep!!!!
WRONG TRASH CAN DELANEY!!!!  She loves to throw things away and every time I change out her diaper Genie she takes the bag down the hall (she dropped it and said "heavy" and then picked it back up) to the back door.

Every month I feel like I am doing these updates sooner than the last!  

  • I don't know any "stats" but I do know that any chance Delaney gets to go in my room she takes.  She went in today and stepped on the scale and it said 29 lbs.  I like to think my scale needs calibrated every time I get on it so I am not sure how accurate that is.  
  • I'd like to tell you what she's eating now but she eats everything but at the same time is so picky--does that make sense?  The girl is a HUGE snacker and it drives me bonkers.  I am not a snacker!
  • If she gets the sense our guests are leaving she immediately starts saying "bye"...she is sure to not let you outstay your welcome!
  • She has finally but rarely started saying "hi" on the telephone.
  • She is obsessed with watching Sesame Street and I wish the DVR had some new episodes because we are ready for some.  She now recognizes Cookie Monster and of course Elmo is her favorite.  I just know someday I am going to end up giving this kid an Elmo birthday party and you know he is not at all my favorite color!
  • Delaney is back to pretending like she's trying out for WWF when it comes to changing her diaper again and it is NOT fun!
  • She is doing well brushing her teeth but prefers to chew on her toothbrush!
  • She says a bajillion words so I can't begin to list them but my current favorites are: "love you", her version of "Von Maur" and of course....."mommy".
  • She still requires both of her day days wherever and whenever and has a strange obsession with her bath towel when she gets out of the bathtub.  In fact, as I sit here and type this it is in bed with her but she knows it's not a blanket and calls it a towel.
  • Her memory is INCREDIBLE (she gets this from me!)
  • Every time I am done talking on the phone she says "Angie"....guess she thinks I talk to Angie too much on the phone?????
  • Yesterday, Delaney climbed up on the bar stool and sat at the island and talked on her "mone" which is phone.  
  • I have stopped giving her juice and have been giving her Crystal Light---she still calls it juice.
  • Sometimes in the morning when she wakes up I will go get her and bring her in bed with me (what is it about kids loving their parent's bed??) and she sits up and says "toons" the girl can totally work the remote!  She really isn't into watching cartoons though and the t.v. doesn't really hold her attention (unless it's Sesame Street).  It only lasts a few minutes and then she starts telling me she wants to eat and what it is I am suppose to fix her.
Dear Delaney Cat,

We're closing in on our 2nd year and it seems like I should just delete those words because that just can't be possible.  It's so bittersweet to see you growing.  I want so badly to hold that 9 lb. baby again but yet at the same time I wake up each morning and think "what's in store for today" for my 29 lb (if those scales were right) baby.  Everyday it's something new with you.  You are full of personality and I love your persistence and how you are "tough" (or as tough as a girl can be at 22 months old).  If you fall, you get right back up and usually start laughing.  If you can't do something, you do it until you can! At the same time you are the sweetest little thing I have ever laid eyes on.  You can snuggle and give great big bear hugs and blow kisses and have started saying "love youuuuuuu" and it's so precious.  I told daddy I wanted to name you precious because I just knew you would be!  You completely recognize people and who they are and my land do you love your visitors.  You are also so friendly to complete and total strangers and say hi and bye and wave to everyone! Is there anyway you could just stop right here at 22 months?  Either way, you have my whole heart for my whole life!!!!!!

Love, mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment