Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Pinterest Projects"

Do you remember this chalkboard?  I bought it at THE CUTEST antique store in Dallas last year (Golightly's).  I recently repainted it with chalkboard spraypaint and now we have black paint on our deck from the over spray and wind so it would have a smooth finish.  Then, I saw the neatest idea on Pinterest.  Do you notice what's different (no need to waste your time reading my grocery list)?
I attached a drawer pull and it is a chalk holder!  So throughout the week when we run out of something I just write it on the chalkboard and then make a final grocery list (please tell me I am not the only one who writes my grocery list based on the layout of the grocery store?? it really saves a lot of backtracking!!!)  Granted, I could have done that before but that meant walking across the kitchen to the junk drawer to get the chalk and that would fall into the category of exercise!! (Oh, and if you are by chance reading my grocery list, the Kool-Aid is for another Pinterest Project--NOT for Delaney)!!
And next up for "project Pinterest"........Am I the only one who has a million of these store loyalty cards??? You hole punch them and put them on...........
A metal ring!  I couldn't find the rings at Hobby Lobby (because I had no clue what they were really for so I didn't know what section they were in but I did find them at JoAnn's in the needlepoint section....I think).  They come in a 2 pack so you can even make one for your mom!!!  I recently weeded out A LOT of these cards so I don't have as many but I think it will be handy because I am THAT PERSON who will make the person behind me in line wait until I find my card!!!  Oh, and FYI, the Trade Secret cards are only good for one year!  I didn't know that until AFTER I bought it!!!!
So after our projects yesterday, we realized we were out of milk so off to the grocery we went..........poor Delaney didn't get up early enough though (10:00 a.m.) to watch the weather so she'd know there wasn't going to be any sun!
 And I wasn't about to tell her!  I love how she knew to put her sunglasses on top of her head!
I tried to get her picture just before we left (it's not so easy these days to get her to look at the camera long enough to take a picture) and I said "Delaney let me take your picture" so she backed up to the cabinet and then decided not to look at me..............(look closely at the childproof cabinet lock that's NOT LOCKED).
And yes, the red purse went to the grocery with us, carrying 3 of her 6 cell phones.  I think she thinks she's going to miss a call!
An hour and a half later, we were home.  Delaney RARELY goes to the grocery with me.  The girl has to say hi to EVERY.SINGLE.PERSON we encounter!!!  And to the man who didn't say hi to my kid in the dairy section SHAME ON YOU SIR!!!!

I also want to record a couple of things from yesterday:

Delaney constantly throws down her sippy cup and it absolutely positively drives me crazy!!!  Yesterday she was sitting in her high chair and threw it on the floor and immediately said "sorry"........I have never heard her say that before!

Last night, Delaney puckered up and made her fish lips and then leaned up and gave me a kiss all on her own!!! oh.my.word. it was so precious!

Apparently Delaney needs to spend less time in her pj's because a few times in the morning I have asked her if she wanted to get dressed and she said "bye bye"!!  This girl thinks you only get dressed to leave the house!



3 comments:

  1. On the grocery list story, I always make my list to the layout of the store. Actually, I started doing that when I sent Uncle Mark to the store, I also have to describe what each item looks like, color of can, etc. It is kind of silly, but it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't make a list based on the layout of the store but I do it by room (ie bathroom, kitchen, laundry, baby items)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly my way doesn't work either. I have been back to the store already since Tuesday and STILL forgot the stuff I forgot the first time!!!

    ReplyDelete