Thursday, December 30, 2010

She's FINALLY here........................

Ok, so, before I tell you "who", there's a story (of course)............David INSISTED we would find out what we were having when I was pregnant. David INSISTED we would also keep the name a secret...oh ya, the name Dave INSISTED he got to pick! (do you see a theme here???)......he came up with the name Amelia. This was about the time the movie with Richard Gere and Hillary Swank came out but he INSISTED that wasn't why. So, Amelia it was......until he got the idea HE wanted to come up with a "good Irish name" for reasons unbeknown to me...........So, Amelia turned into Delaney. I NEVER TOLD ANYONE THE NAME AMELIA.......until, our family was together on Thanksgiving. Cousins Shawn and Elaine always find a "clever" way to reveal their baby names so we were told we would find out the next day. Oh ya, cousins Shawn and Elaine live in North Carolina and weren't with us on Thanksgiving. So, this brought up the discussion of baby names and I filled the family in on some of the names DAVID came up with. I told them the story of Amelia. The day after Thanksgiving, Shawn and Elaine sent a package to their parents who live here with a stocking and the name AMELIA embroidered on the stocking!!!!!!!!!!! We couldn't believe it........they had no idea this was one of "our" (ok David's names)........we knew it just had to mean something. Oh sweet little Amelia by the way was due January 16th. Well, our sweet little Amelia arrived yesterday, December 29th, ON MY AND DAVID'S THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!! Now, YOU may believe in strange coincidences BUT I DON'T!!!!!!!!!!! So, before I make you wait any longer, here is our sweet newest addition to our family, Amelia Grace Capps weighing in at 5.5 lbs.........(I wonder what it's like to have a baby almost HALF the size of the one I had!!!!)......
P.S. I know you're all wondering if you are going to see any Christmas pictures, well, there are over 300 of them!! I am "working" on it........we're going to have our own 12 days of Christmas because that's how long it's going to take me to post everything.......................

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this! I don't really believe in coincidences and I think it's so special that David wanted this name (even for a second) and that her birthday is on your anniversary. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it wasn't until I saw your (ok Shawn's post) that I found out sweet baby Amelia was the NINTH baby to be born at the hospital that day....do I even need to tell you what David's favorite/baseball number was??????

    P.S. Amelia wasn't just his name for a second, it was for weeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete