Friday, December 24, 2010

Delaney's First Christmas Eve

I try to set my table differently each Christmas using things I already have. Well, this year was no, wait, yes it was an exception, I didn't already have the little wreaths hanging from the chair backs or the centerpiece...oh well, I did have the tablecloth, Christmas dishes and napkins!!! Here were the "stolen" ideas I used: Cut off (or, beg the man standing outside in the freezing cold who's cutting down your tree to) the lower branches on your tree and put them in water in a vase and VIOLA!! Second "stolen" idea, hang small wreaths with holiday ribbon from your chairs (I thought this ribbon was too wide for these wreaths but since it was "Christmas with the Kranks" this year, I went with it).We decided to not have "traditional" food for our Christmas Eve lunch. We had an Italian theme complete with a salad..........(I promise, there is lettuce underneath all of that cheese)and The Best Lasagna Ever (no really, that's the name of the recipe). If you'd like it (I've made it twice) it's from Pioneer Woman Likes to Cook. There was also garlic bread but I think I was starving by now and well, figured you know what it looks like...........
And Christmas Eve was no exception to the UPS man showing up. WITH DELANEY'S NEW PAIR OF SHOES JUST IN TIME!!!!!!!!
OOOPS, MAKE THAT NEW PAIRS!! She (ok, I) couldn't decide if we should get the brown and pink or the black and pink so we did what any respectable girl would do.....I don't think I've blogged yet about my other "new obsession" (in addition to Etsy that is) Zoolilly! Each day you get an email with "daily deals" from multiple children's' vendors. Actually, the pair, ok ok, pairs of shoes were my first purchase. I really am liking Zulilly because it's "different" stuff/labels. These shoes were just $8 each!!

Delaney got to open gifts and got a Columbia outfit in "Colts" blue......

And in this little package was a new pair of pj's in her signature colors of pink and brown!!

Patiently "trapped" and waiting on another gift to open.........

After the festivities, we piled in the car to go and check out Karey and Christian's Christmas lights which didn't disappoint!!! All white lights are my favorite!!

And then it was time for a certain someone to go to bed because Santa was on his way..........
















No comments:

Post a Comment