Monday, December 20, 2010

Delaney is a "fan" of Santa............


We took Delaney to see Santa today with her two grandmas. I didn't think my little social butterfly would be scared of him. Well, after the hour wait, it was finally our turn. And of course, she wasn't scared at all. We went to the Indiana State Museum. I wanted some place "different". I mean after all, we go to the mall all the time! You didn't get to "see" Santa until it was your turn. Had we seen him before we got in line, we would have probably ended up at the mall. I was so disappointed with this Santa. His beard was, well, real........it just wasn't the Santa I was expecting and I wouldn't exactly describe him as "jolly". And don't think we might not still end up at the mall in search of the perfect Santa! There's still time!! When we got into Santa's house HE HAD A FAN BLOWING ON HIM...HELLO SANTA, don't you think we're hot too, we'd been standing in line for an hour and my girl was wearing a thick sweater with a turtleneck underneath it. If she can stand the heat so can you! All of the pictures of Delaney looking at the camera had her hair blown by the fan and just didn't look good. So, I thought this was just as cute with her looking up at him (sorry it's so small, I have no clue how to enlarge the picture)!!




Here are some pictures I took while we were waiting in line..........(notice Delaney WENT THERE with a bow on but it didn't make it for the picture with Santa---and then I got to thinking, darnit, I bet if she'd had kept her headband on the fan wouldn't have blown it...oh well, Delaney gets to make all of her fashion decisions so the headband stayed in the diaper bag)...............
I promise, Delaney does NOT have dandruff, she still has cradlecap going on..........
"You have GOT to be kidding me mommy, this line has barely moved"............


You could get in line to see Santa or to ride the replica L. S. Ayres train............we'll save the train for next year. I think we would have passed out if we would have had to wait in line AGAIN!!!
I was sooooo happy, Delaney made it all the way back home with both of her shoes still on!!
You were allowed to take your own pictures outside of Santa's house........(I think the fan is behind Delaney's head)...we will for sure be calling back next year to see if it's the same Santa from this year! He was a "Bad Santa"!!!!
Delaney decided she needed to do some last minute Christmas shopping while we were out today...we hit all of her favorite stores!!!















2 comments:

  1. I think you're the only person I know who doesn't have the traditional screaming kid picture:o) She must be a social butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm sure they won't always look like this! ha

    ReplyDelete