Thursday, September 2, 2010

Is it Wrong??

To let your daughter take a nap in the bathroom? I didn't think so............... If Delaney is awake (which she was when I jumped in the shower) I take her in with me in her vibrating seat (note her legs hang over it now). She just happened to fall asleep while I was taking it (maybe I took too long?). So WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would move her???? I contemplated turning the light off!!

Grandma Terry bought Delaney this onesie! Maybe she's trying to tell me something (I did just upgrade my texting plan!).....


Delaney went to the doctor today for her five month follow up appointment. Now, for you moms out there you know there is no "standard" five month appointment. And I didn't "know" this until a mom in the waiting room who also had a daughter asked me how old Delaney is and I said "five months". She replied "oh, is she sick" and I said "no why"? Then I remembered I was "one of those moms". I said "I break up her immunizations so we're here every month". I asked "how old is your daughter" and she said "six months" to which I replied.....OH MY GOD!! Her baby was literally HALF the size of Delaney and one month older! BUT, I didn't stay in that state of shock long because once the doctor saw Delaney and her measurements...26 1/2 inches and 17 pounds (really 17 lbs and 1 ounce but like any woman, we're "dropping" that extra ounce)...he told me Delaney is "PERFECTLY PROPORTIONED"..........................She got just one shot today and as usual, did great and was done crying by the time she got back in her car seat. I did have one snag though...when I went to pull out the "distractor toy" THE BATTERY WAS DEAD!!!! Now, this is the "routine" I use each time she gets shots, I get her focused on the toy while the nurse gives it to her. I seriously wanted to say to the nurse "would it be a problem if I ran to the store real fast for batteries before you give Delaney her shot"!?!?!?! But I knew she wouldn't wait!

Come back tommorrow to visit the blog, we have exciting plans for tonight!!! GO COLTS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment