Saturday, April 24, 2010

Posing for the Camera............

Is not exactly something Delaney has mastered yet........BUT, every once in awhile I get lucky!
Take One.........

Take Two.........



Take Three...


As many of you know, Delaney has a very "extensive" wardrobe. This is without question, one of my favorite outfits. It was bought for Delaney by David's great aunt and uncle Joe and Janet Purichia. I have been saving it for a "special occasion". But, when you're one month old and not allowed out of the house...what exactly qualifies as a "special occasion"?? So, I decided to put it on her today!! I was going to add a white headband but her grandpa doesn't like her in headbands (plus, you don't get to see all of her hair when she wears them)!
David and I got out last night for the first time. Delaney got to spend some quality time with her Grandma Terry. Before Grandma arrived, I made a list (a one and a 1/2 page list to be exact) of instructions! ha ha ha. While we were out, I was talking to another first time mom who's son is 2 weeks older than Delaney who left her little boy with her mother in law a list too. EXCEPT---she typed her's out! I told Terry I guess it could have been worse, she could have gotten a typed set of instructions!! We were gone from 4:30-9:00 so it wasn't a late night by any means but at least we got out (and, never even called home once to check on Delaney who by the way Grandma, saved her dirty diaper for us!)
I had a couple of first time mom milestones yesterday...I was able to SQUEEZE into some pre-pregnancy jeans and will continue to be a faithful purchaser of Gap's Long and Leans because of it!!! Additionally, after many months, I was able to put back on my wedding rings!!! YEAH!!!!
Delaney spent her 2nd night in her crib last night. We didn't blog about the 1st night because we're still not ready to talk about it! (It didn't go well). She went to bed at 11:30 p.m. and got up at 3:30 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. and immediately went back to bed right after both feedings and didn't get up until 9:45 a.m.!!! We hope this continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment