Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"On the Road Again, Just Can't Wait to get on the Road Again"


We're FREE!!!!! I went to the doctor today to have my stitches removed (and to do the walk of shame one last time)...I have 5 lbs of baby weight to lose. You would think this would have motivated me to have a healthy lunch--and I did, (salad and veggie sandwich) but seriously, wouldn't it be a crime to go to Traverse City Pie Company and NOT GET PIE?? I thought so too, glad we agree.

Anyway, the nurse said my scar looked great. Actually, her exact words were "it's the best one I"ve seen all day". I then reminded her that it was only 10:30 a.m.! Anyway, I am able to drive again (but had taken pain medication this morning so mom still had to drive us home). I have not driven a car since March 24th. I bet this is what it feels like to have a suspended license!!!

Although it's nice out today, it's a bit too windy to go for a walk so maybe Delaney and I will take a spin around the block just so I can drive (just kidding daddy)!! We're in for the day/night. Delaney slept for FIVE, count them FIVE straight hours last night. I think this girl is like her mamma and values her sleep!

Tomorrow is our big family/newborn photo shoot. Our wedding photographer is coming to the house. I PROMISED David it would "just be this once". He is strictly a wedding photographer but when I was pregnant, I convinced him (oooohhh those pregnancy hormones can do wonders) to do them!! I can't wait to see how they turn out. I have to get Delaney's outfits ready for her "first big shoot" tonight. I am treating myself to hair and make up tomorrow at a salon---I know what you're thinking but this girl barely gets her hair dry and remembers if she put on mascara now that this little girl is here so I have to get this right for our pictures! ha ha

And, since I know a blog is no fun to read without a picture.......here you go.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously Ashley, you think you can get away with taking Delaney out without Daddy finding out. He has enlisted me to supervise and report what you two (2) do for the day. Don't try and sneak a social visit in or a shopping trip, he will find out. Also, why did the baby get her own room and I'm stuck in this kitchen. Roof Roof

    ReplyDelete