Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Water Bug

Delaney is obsessed with water.  She loves the pool, baths, washing her hands and brushing her teeth!  Yesterday morning she came out using my toothbrush.  And when I say using, I mean she was using it on her teeth not just doing this....................
I can't think of anything more gross than sharing a toothbrush PERIOD.

Our days this summer look pretty much the same.  Delaney wakes up and has breakfast and I give her the option of watching Elmo or Thomas The Train.  Her response is always "Elmo Choo Choo Train" which means both!  Then she gets in the pool, has her lunch, and takes a nap.  I don't think I've ever said one positive thing about having a pool but here it is.......she often takes three hour naps if she's been in the pool!  Of course after two, I start watching the clock thinking she's going to wake up any minute!

I always feel guilty getting in the pool to lay out when she's napping because it's next to impossible to relax.  I float around on my raft thinking of all of the things I should be doing instead!!  Like yesterday, I kept thinking I needed to go inside and get it over with........I needed to call Comcast to rip them a new one find out why our bill was $20 more this month!  When I have to call the utility companies over their charges it takes me a good couple days to "gear up" because it is never pretty.  I always wait to make those calls while Delaney is napping to ensure I will not yell and scream at them!  Of course they told me my one year promotion ended! I told them their one year promotions seem to last a week!  The lady asked me "if the family" enjoys the use of the DVR (I think she was trying to see if there were any options we could eliminate).  I told the lady I had 31 episodes of Sesame Street sitting in my DVR so how is that for "enjoying" it?????  NOPE not getting rid of HBO either lady (clearly, she doesn't watch True Blood)!

I won't bore you with how my conversation went with Comcast but I do want to let you know a little secret I learned awhile back with these utilities.....ASK FOR THEIR CUSTOMER LOYALTY DEPARTMENT WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO GET YOUR BILL LOWERED!!!!!  But whatever you do, don't tell them you know me!!!!!

Completely random note......I recently learned I have two things in common with "Kendra"....no, not those two things!  She refers to herself as momma and she calls little Hank "boo boo".

1 comment: