Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New Words

Delaney LOVES to go outside and get the mail.  She always says "junk mail" and is OBSESSED with the mail truck.  She always points them out when we are driving.  She is typically asleep when  we get our mail and thinks it's fun to walk down to the mailbox.  Yesterday she had a "just because" card from her grandma--Thanks Grandma-- and an American Girl catalog!


Please disregard her hair, she went down for her nap with wet hair!

EVERY.SINGLE.DAY this little girl says something new and it's so funny.  Last night, during her bath she was lying on her belly and bent her legs up and told me to wash her feet. So I did, THREE times!  Then she sat up and told me to wash her "bellybubba" which took me a second and then it was all so clear....bellybutton!  She is a typical little girl who does not like having her hair combed.  I told her if she didn't let me brush her hair she was not going to watch The Kardashians!  That sent her straight over to me!  Did you hear Kourtney Kardashian had her baby girl? Penelope!!!  It reminded me that I still need to do my post on our baby names for Delaney!  And no, Penelope was not one of them!

After her bath, Delaney hid behind her chair in her room (hiding from me because she didn't want her hair brushed) and came around and said "pet boo".  Again, took me a second and I realized that is her version of "peek a boo".

Delaney is a snacker!! I honestly don't know where she gets it.  I am not really a snacker.  After she got her pajamas on, she grabbed my hand and said "come on mommy" and took me over to the gate that goes into the kitchen and grabbed my thumb and put it on the gate (you push down with your thumb).  She goes straight to the kitchen and reaches her arms up and says "hold you" which means "pick me up" and then she has you open the cabinet door and then she says "other door" so you have to open the other door and she lets you know what she wants!  She settled on playing with a plastic cup!  It was too late for a snack!

We are working on manners.  If I teach my daughter nothing else but her manners I will be one happy momma!  When I say "thank you Delaney" she won't say "you're welcome" she will say "thank you mommy".....it's a work in progress.

Delaney sat on my lap and we sang silly songs together and I told her I adore her and she thought I was talking about her cousin, Adarrah, or as Delaney calls her, "Darra".  Then she said "Darra come".  I said "ok baby, we'll call her mommy to see if she can come to stay with us" and Delaney said "call Jenny"...............that's her mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Kindley HATES having her hair combed too! I normally have to bribe her in the mornings just to get it pulled up.

    ReplyDelete