Thursday, July 12, 2012

"Priorities"

Delaney woke up yesterday morning IN MY BED as you can see.  This is a rarity as I DO NOT let Delaney sleep in my bed END OF STORY!!!!!  I am "one of those" parents who does not mess around when it comes to sleeping.  We sleep in our own beds in our own rooms PERIOD!!!  However, (you knew that was coming) she woke up at 1:00 a.m. (not sure why) and I wasn't into figuring it out so to my bed she went!  When I went to grab my phone to take this picture she was sucking her thumb and oh my word it was just like watching an angel sleeping but I wasn't fast enough, she took it out before I could get the picture.  You'll see she is sleeping on my pillow and that means WE SHARED THAT SMALL AMOUNT OF BED SPACE!!  Oh well, at least one of us got a good night's sleep!
 I gave Delaney the option of going to story time or shopping..........(you can probably guess which she picked)!
We hit pay dirt at Janie and Jack and Baby Gap!  While eating lunch at Nordstrom I sent my friend  who works at Baby Gap a quick text to see if she was working and in return I got a "sale items are 40% off".  And in return she got a "we're on our way" text from me!
Tracy insisted Delaney have these shoes and put them on her in the store.  Delaney said "butterfly" and I said "how do you know that word"....that happens ALL THE TIME.  I don't ever remember discussing butterflies with her!!  
Tracy also insisted Delaney get a pair of Gap pajamas (I'm starting to think she works on commission!!) ha ha ha  Delaney is telling me in this picture she needs crackers.  I told her it was too late to eat.
Full. Of. Personality. (She did this when I asked to take her picture in her new jammies)
So I've been waiting (or not) for this to come.  Delaney and I walked out to the mailbox yesterday and instead of another American Girl catalog we got this!!!!!!!!!!!

The water bill for the entire neighborhood apparently!  I know what you're thinking, Delaney and I are either the cleanest people on the block or we have the greenest grass and I can assure you our grass is NOT green!  We had to put down some sod and it required a lot of watering!  I made a few comments on how I was dreading getting the water bill but this is not what I was expecting!

Perhaps we'll be going shopping again today TO RETURN DELANEY'S 2013 SUMMER WARDROBE!!!  I mean water is a necessity and all but are 4 new bathing suits???? 
TAKE MY WORD FOR IT....THEY ARE!!!!

I think the most disturbing part of getting a water bill this high is they apparently made some kind of "sewer summer adjustment". So does this mean our water bill was even more???

So on our way to shop yesterday we were sitting in the drive thru at the bank and instead of bringing her baby dolls, Delaney brought her Winnie the Pooh, a duck and a ball with us.  I asked her where her day day was and she said "day day at home in my room"........WHOA!!! I looked at my mom and said "um, that was a long sentence".  Then like a mother hearing her baby's first words Delaney said "Janie and Jack"!

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand water bills because I think they use their own calculations which are NOT accurate but typically the sewer portion is in line with the water usage so that might be why.

    ReplyDelete