Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Power Outage

So we lost power last night--SHOCKER!! (NOT)
I just knew with these temperatures and everyone running their A/C it was bound to happen.  And, at least it happened while it was still light out. So we thought we would give you some "suggestions" of things you can do when you have a power outage.

You could sit around and eat Oreo cookies AFTER you have already brushed your teeth for bed.  (Don't even ask--you know better, of course I did not buy Oreos those have grandma written all over them)!

You could play with blocks.

Or you could play Blackjack on mommy's Kindle.
Our power was restored an HOUR earlier than the automated system said which was a good thing because who wants to wait to watch The Real Housewives of NYC.  I am confident once IPL saw where the power was out sirens went off to alert them it was me "the crazy lady who lives at_____, who will call every 5 minutes until the power is restored".  I've "heard" if you tell them you are A. pregnant, or B. with a small infant who needs the power restored so they can make bottles they get to you MUCH faster.  But I'm just saying I've "heard" that before!!!

The day I found out I was pregnant (July 19, 2009 to be exact) we lost power. I had IPL on speed dial and used the "I am pregnant I need my A/C line on them!!!! (Of course I was a whole 2 seconds pregnant but they didn't need to know that).  Then I panicked thinking "oh my gosh what if the guy on the phone tells the guy who comes out I am pregnant and then he clearly sees I don't look fat and miserable pregnant"--you know because guys are into details like that.........................

David was at the firehouse and came home real quick to make sure everything was alright!  It was the first time we saw each other since I told him I was pregnant (by text message!!)  Such a fun memory.  I know what you're thinking WHO TELLS THEIR HUSBAND THEY ARE PREGNANT IN A TEXT MESSAGE!!  I was going to the movies and knew I would have to shut off my phone and I had to tell him!  In my defense, I did try calling first and he didn't answer so I sent him a quick text message and when I got out of the movie I had a billion missed calls!

Oh, and just so you know, the pregnant/baby "lines" work on IPL too in the winter when you lose power and your heat goes out.  I"m just saying!!!!


1 comment:

  1. You crack me up!!! So glad the power wasn't out long, 102 degrees is not fun without air! I don't know from experience, I'm just saying!!!!

    ReplyDelete