Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Friends, Food, Fun and Fireworks on the Fourth (minus the fireworks)!

We went to the lake today to celebrate the 4th of July.  We LOVE going to the lake.  I was really excited to see how Delaney would do.  She loved swimming in the "pool".  I gave up telling her it was a lake.  I didn't take any pictures but I did manage to get the one of her asleep in her car seat.  She fell asleep seconds after getting in the car. The fun didn't end when we got home though, after her 45 minute nap she was ready for another celebration.  We had Angie and Amy over for a cookout!

 When I saw this drink on Pinterest, I knew I wanted to make it for the 4th!  As I was putting the drinks into my cart at the grocery store, my inner voice was telling me it would not work!  See glass pitcher (mental note--listen to inner voice)!!!!  I wanted to get at least one picture of Delaney in her 4th of July tank top before she got dinner all over it.  Speaking of dinner, Delaney LOVES corn on the cob!  You can't tell from our spread but we grilled veggies and shrimp and chicken (and pretended to drink these).......

Perhaps I'll just stick with making this.............


ENJOY!!!!

No fireworks for us this year.  I am a take it or leave it (more so leave it) kind of person when it comes to fireworks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment