Friday, July 27, 2012

"Uncle Bird"

Let me start by saying Delaney does NOT have an uncle by the name bird.

While Delaney played with my phone (her favorite thing to do) I had no idea she downloaded a couple of Apps (Fieldrunner2 and PennyTalk--whatever the heck they are AND DON'T I HAVE TO ENTER MY PASSWORD TO DOWNLOAD APPS??????)!!!  Perhaps I should not have been glued to the t.v. to watch the finale of Love in the Wild......or perhaps I should just not let my two year old play with my phone.  I am guilty of giving her my phone to keep her quiet distract her and she has never taken an interest in Angry Birds--EVER!  So, when she was holding my phone and said "Uncle Bird" I about lost it!  I have no clue the last time I even showed that to her so the fact she remembered what it was called was too funny!!  Oh, and I can't blame the screensaver on Delaney...I wish I could but that was all me...(please tell me you have gone to see Magic Mike by now???)

 Delaney woke up yesterday morning and the first thing she said was "baby Logan".  She is so excited for her cousin to come in town for the weekend but she has NO concept of time so every day she thinks he's coming.  And we sure hope he plans on swimming because Delaney keeps telling me he's going to get "in the pool"---she says that phrase about 100 times a day!  Here was her bed head (it was much worse...better??) in person.  She would not look down so you can't really see it.  Every morning when Delaney wakes up (10:00 the last three mornings and it has really thrown us off track) I say "did you have good sleep" and now she just tells me "good sleep" without me asking her!!

 If you live in Indy, don't forget to book your reservation for Polar Express.  I missed the boat (or train??) last year and we didn't get to go.  It sells out quickly!  I can't believe we are even thinking about Christmas time!!!  However, it will probably take me until December to teach Delaney to say "Ho Ho Ho".  She will not say it three times...she prefers "Ho Ho".  We'll see what she says when she actually sees Santa! I'm guessing it will go something like "no mommy no".  I'm really worried though that we only have five months to pick out which pajamas she will wear!!!!

Delaney started saying something SUPER cute and funny but it's got to be heard, not read so I'll try to get it on video this weekend!  Actually I think just about everything Delaney says is SUPER cute and funny but I guess that's what makes me her mom.  One of my favorite things about being her mom is that the little things ARE the big things!  Just like "Uncle Bird" it was so funny and unexpected.  Man I wish I could even come close to describing how much I love my girl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment