Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Girl is NOT "Average"

Look at this picture, does Delaney look "average" to you? (Please disregard her wet hair, we normally do her baths at night)............Here's a closer look----I may be her mother (or "mom" as she likes to say) which makes me a little bias but I just don't see anything average about her!
I mean would an "average" kid bring along Wally Lamb to the doctor's office to read?
Or would an "average" kid get to eat in the living room (a big "no no" in our house) and get to watch Desperate Housewives before nap time? DIDN'T THINK SO!!!
(Have you tried the Smores Goldish yet??)

So when we went for Delaney's 18 month check up today and the doctor told me she's in the 50th percentile which "just means" she's growing at an "average" rate I was not happy! She weighs 24 lbs (now you do know that I never tell her "true" weight right??) and is 32 inches tall, or as the doctor would say "just average"..............................Delaney had to get 2 shots today (hence the eating in the living room---she's always allowed to watch Desperate Housewives!) and did great. She did cry tears but was such a big girl. Speaking of big girls, she doesn't get anymore shots until she goes to kindergarten---you know with the other "average" kids!!!! I don't know why this doctor keeps thinking I am ever going to let her go to school! I mean I told him she slept 14 hours last night how in the heck does he think she's ever going to get up in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment