Saturday, September 17, 2011

GO I.U.!!!!!

We set our alarm for 9:00 this morning so we could load up and get on the road to go to I.U. to tailgate today and visit cousin Cerelle. For the record, we have no idea who they played, what the score was or who won (we didn't stay for the game). Those things were not important to us! What was important was spending the week before tracking down an I.U. cheerleader outfit for Delaney (it was a group effort that consisted of many phone calls, text messages and trips to multiple stores). Oh, and in addition to the cheerleader outfit, she needed a long sleeve white shirt to go under it....you know, the one I took off of her not long after we got there because it was so hot today! Uncle Jim took Delaney for several walks and of course she had to take her baby--and blanket with her. I wasn't shocked to see who had to carry the baby back to our site!
Aunt Beth brought Delaney marshmallows (I lost track of all of the junk food Delaney had today! Oh, and if I were a bad mom I would have let her have french fries and an elephant ear the night before but good thing I'm not a bad mom!!!!)
I made her a megaphone (that lasted through this ONE picture!) Not sure why she looks like she's trying to smoke it!
At one point she was holding her baby rocking her back and forth in her camp chair. Here she is with her organic apple juice to counteract the Doritos and marshmallows of course!
I always get mad when I forget to get a group photo! Ricky--you made the blog! Happy Birthday!!! I told everyone to take off their sunglasses but Aunt Essie didn't get the message!
If you look closely you'll see Delaney is sitting here with the mustard bottle. She saw it when we set up our site and was obsessed with it! She did however give it back when the brats were ready!
Couldn't resist!!! LOVE ME SOME RUFFLE BOTTOMS!!!
So about this time last year we went down to I.U. to tailgate and without going back to look at that blog post I'm sure it went something like this "we had so much fun blah blah blah but ain't no way Delaney is EVER going away to college blah blah blah".....but a year later I have decided "we had so much fun blah blah blah and STILL there ain't no way Delaney is EVER going away to college"!!! If this picture doesn't explain why then I don't know what to tell you! I will tell you however that I was the ONLY thirty-"something" mother in the midst of this madness PUSHING A STROLLER WITH A BABY IN IT!!!!!!!!!!! A father stopped us and said "here's the good news, you have an adorable daughter----here's the bad news, your daughter is going to grow up someday and come here and behave like my daughter"..............TRUE STORY PEOPLE! (Well, the fact he stopped us not that that is EVER going to happen!)
And I am humbly asking for your nominations for THE WORST MOTHER OF THE YEAR AWARD because I apparently didn't think I needed to take sunblock with me today but clearly (well, not so clearly in this horrible picture taken with my cell phone) I needed to. I love that Delaney is without her hair bow, white shirt we just had to have, her socks and her shoes! She fell asleep 10 minutes before we got home tonight! I told Delaney when she wakes up tomorrow it will be time to support our "other" team---our boys in blue!
Perhaps before worrying about sending Delaney off to college I need to think about sending her off to etiquette school! ZERO MANNERS when it comes to sitting like a lady!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! Especially love the one (that has Jim in it) where she is walking very determined to get where ever she was going...like get out of my way here I come. That man has no idea who he is talking about - behaving badly - no way - because her mom and all the grandparents will be there too (she will probably have to monitor us.) As far as being a cheerleader - she will probably be out there playing football - looks like a good time had by all - perfect weather....

    ReplyDelete