Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday "Thoughts"

I am not sure when the last time I did a post WITHOUT a picture of Delaney in it was but sorry people, it's happening!! Actually, I am writing this late on Wednesday evening (as in...it's almost Thursday) and she's asleep right now so NO WAY am I sneaking in her room to take her picture because if there's one thing I have learned as a mother in 17 months it's that I will "NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY". I am talking this kid is ONLY being awaken if our house were on fire (and maybe just maybe for a good sale at Janie and Jack!!!) Ok so enough of that ---I get so sidetracked--- Maybe because it's late, or maybe because my daughter didn't nap today but we aren't talking about that either because I'm just sure it was a fluke! Ok so here is where this post gets random.....just a few things I've had on my mind lately. Oh, and if you're still reading this post, these are in no way life changing so if you have something really important you need to do, I'd go do it!

1. For those of "us"---please please tell me there's an "us" and I'm not the only one addicted to Giuliana and Bill? It's on at 8:00 on Monday nights. Well, in the Newsom household that means 9:00 because NOTHING CAN TECHNICALLY BE "WATCHED" UNTIL DELANEY GOES TO BED! Which is why I am up---and it's NOT because I enjoy watching Toddlers and Tiaras either (where by the way a little toddler just stuffed her bra and underwear--NO JOKE!). I'd be happy to change the channel if only I could find the remote.......I'm sure a certain someone has hidden it again in the drawer of the end table where she put it the other night sending her mother on a ten minute wild goose chase. Ok ok (see, sidetracked again) back to Giuliana and Bill. Since this season began I've noticed that her hair is different than last season---let's get this straight people, I covet her hair!! (or, I did). Her roots are sooooo dark and she has really long hair (probably extensions) and it just looks horrible. I mean it's like I want to call the Style Network and say "yes, I know I'm just a girl from Indiana----what? Yes people, I-n-d-i-a-n-a- you know, between Illinois (where your Husband is from) and Ohio---what do you mean you've never heard of Indiana?? well, anyway, I think you need to hire a new hair stylist out there in L.A. on the set because Giuliana's hair just looks awful!" Ok, so that would never happen because A. I don't know their number and B. they would never accept my call. oh and C. I pretty much can't make (or take) calls anymore between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. due to a certain someone who is constantly making noise. So....for those of you still reading this post, I have just learned that this "darker on top" look is in!! I should have known....I mean especially for a stylist icon like "G" herself and it has a name----Ombre Hair they call it!!!!! Now, I realize that a SAHM (Stay At Home Mom) like me is in no way shape or form going to be invited to sit at a judge's table when it comes to style (seeing how this is day 3 of said green shorts I am wearing because the maid has once again failed to show up this week to do the laundry) but REALLY???? Two tone hair on purpose??? This is just not right!!!! All I know is when I go to my hair stylist later this month (you know because it is September now people so turn the page on your Erin Condren planner---you DID get one didn't you???) I will A. NOT be asking for a feather in my hair and B. NOT be asking to go "Ombre".................I mean who knew all these years when our "roots" started growing out we were just ahead of the times---well westcoast times at least!

2. I was sad to learn that Kate Plus 8 will be going off the air in two weeks. I realize she is like a lot of things (for me, the color red) you either love it or you don't (by the way, I don't). I however often compare myself to her (minus 7 kids of course) in her "mother style" because IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED I AM A BIT INSANE WHEN IT COMES TO MY DAUGHTER--I DON'T THINK LIKE A RATIONALE PERSON AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL. I am like a warrior I guess you could say----I did extensive research (I know, shocking!) on which car seat to buy Delaney. I had it narrowed down to 2. At the store, I let some young girl who couldn't possibly know anything about kids (or so I thought) help me and when she showed me the one (not even in the running) that Kate Gosselin has for her kids I said "sold" say no more, don't need to hear your "speech about safety features" just wrap it up!!! As I watched her show last night it was the first part of their RV trip around the country (which by the way, I have always thought sounded like fun--with a hired driver like she had of course!) and it really portrayed how downright awful she treats people. I am talking her BFF and her nanny (I"m sure the driver, camera crew and her bodyguard--who looks nothing like Kevin Costner) got the brunt of Kate too! I mean it was just awful. And she gave a whole new meaning to the word "prissy" (well if you don't count her letting the kids throw sewage at her---don't worry, we won't do that when we go!) on this trip (as if traveling in an RV--actually it was two) with your full entourage and organic chicken breasts with you was "roughing it". I wanted to call into TLC (maybe Style has their #) and have them "remind" Kate that not too long ago she took a little trip to Alaska to visit Sarah Palin for an overnight camping trip and it did not go well (to say the least) so not sure why she thought a camping trip across country would be a good idea! She'll be known as Kate Plus 8 Minus Two (her BFF and Nanny!) I was recently at a seminar in Chicago where a guest speaker said to "Live The Example" for your kids. Perhaps Kate should have attended!

3. If you're by some strange chance still reading---why I have no idea----my last thought is about Dairy Queen. Specifically, this month (or now I guess that's last month's) blizzard of the month! Nutter Butter to be exact! Delaney bugged me all month to go get one. So, like any self respecting mother we packed up and headed straight to DQ---Is this what the speaker meant by "Live The Example"???? WE WERE NOT IMPRESSED!!!!! We like our ice cream just as much as the next person but we wanted more Nutter, more Butter DQ. You're going to have to do better this month! We give Nutter Butter Blizzard two scoops down!

4. Oh and if you're wondering the little toddler just went on stage and she was impersonating Dolly Parton---oh, ok, that all makes sense now! I was just waiting for her to start belting out Islands in the Stream!!! Ok, so maybe I should wake up Delaney to see where she put that remote!

5. My random thoughts are done now--oh and it's officially Thursday, September 1st--time to turn the page on my Erin Condren planner (no really, I am not a paid spokesperson)

2 comments:

  1. I stayed right with you to the end. I was already committed so I was curious what the ending would be - I did not scroll down either (afraid I would lose my place. I did think you might put in a picture of Delaney just to tease us. So I reran her pictures for my fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, you crack me up! I will tell you that I do watch G&B (DVR it, in fact). I was wondering about her hair too. :) The Erin Condren planner sounds nice in theory, but I'm all about my iPhone now so I would buy it and then not use it!

    ReplyDelete