Sunday, September 25, 2011

18 Months!!!

My little sweet cheeks (see below) is 18 months old today! When we were in Florida this summer we went to the grocery and a lady who was shopping with her "tween" daughter stopped and looked at Delaney and said "before you know it she'll be her age" while pointing at her daughter. I replied "don't I know it"...............................She went straight to the bath today after lunch (and YES, she ate lunch while still in her pajamas)!!!! We "planned" to go tailgating today but the rain kept us from leaving the house.
This weekend Uncle David and Aunt Teresa and Cousin Maria came into town for a visit (and I may have forgotten to take pictures but I did remember to take pictures of the food after everyone left). We had THE BEST fettucine alfredo (let me know if you want the recipe, it's really easy).....see how good it was!!!!
And for dessert we had pumpkin spice cupcakes that only require two count them two ingredients (or, as Teresa from The Real Housewives of New Jersey would say "ingrediences"). One box of yellow cake mix and one can of pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling) you do NOT add the oil, egg and water listed on the cake directions---see, I told you TWO ingredients. I then frosted them with cream cheese icing and sprinkled Heath bar bits on top. There were 6 leftover. Of course not now--what can I say Delaney has a sweet tooth!!!! We had a fun visit and can't wait to do it again. Oh, and I discovered this morning the cleaning lady forgot to empty the wastebasket in the bathroom before everyone came over! I think I"ll fire her!!! I am sure our family members who came over didn't notice but I sure did. I like a clean bathroom for company (and for us too!)
There are a lot of things I should be teaching Delaney at 18 months and I take my job very seriously! I realize that A.J. Foyt (the newest one) is likely next in line to be the Colts "official" baby mascot but Delaney should definitely make the short list! Her "Go Colts" comes out "Go Golts" and you'll have to excuse the apples in her mouth for "touchdown" I should have waited until she swallowed. I tell her a lady chews with her mouth closed---guess I forgot to teach her not to talk with food in her mouth!

And here is what my little sweet cheeks is up to:
  • I don't know height/weight but will update on Tuesday after her doctor appointment. And yes, she will be getting shots so we will probably make a pit stop at the mall to make her feel better (or at the very least for ice cream)!
  • The doctor has asked me the last couple of visits how many words she says and I was totally caught off guard. I think I said 5 (this was 3 months ago). Well you can multiply that times 3 for this visit. This girl was born with the gift of gab! You know that whole apple tree thing! Oh my land she talks from the second she gets up until she goes to bed. Each morning I hear her on the monitor saying "mom" "mom" and she also throws her baby on the floor combining that with a "thump"! Once she goes to bed at night she can sit in her crib and be really quiet so you think she's asleep then you hear her making noise or banging on the wall! I won't repeat her words from last month but I think these are new: her latest trick is to pull herself up on the sofa but before she does she stands in front of it and says "uppie".....she also says "uh oh" about 100 times a day. Typically, after she has intentionally thrown something she says it! I tell her "uh oh" is not for when you do something on purpose---she doesn't care!
  • She is still strangely obsessed with my cell phone and likes to hold it up to her ear and say "hello" and just today she was holding it up to her ear with her shoulder while messing with the remote! I think tomorrow we will dump all of her toys off at Goodwill!
  • She has been doing some really fun things lately---she makes fish lips and kisses with them! She kisses pretty much all the time now and a couple of times I haven't even had to prompt or ask her (she also blows kisses). We were sitting on the sofa and she was standing up on my lap and leaned down to kiss me out of the blue---I had to call the cardiologist because right then and there my heart melted!!!!
  • A couple of days ago she lifted up my shirt and gave me a "zerbert" on my belly button! No clue who the heck taught her that!
  • She is into smelling her and more strangely--other people's feet! She also likes to tickle feet!
  • We recently went to the mall and she had to take both of her babies. Now, when I was pregnant, I didn't care boy or girl---all I cared about was ONE baby! I am not about to start taking care of twins now! Even if they are just baby dolls. This girl sucks on her baby's ear until it's sopping wet and I have to wash it constantly. The other day I washed it during naptime---not my brightest idea seeing how she sleeps with her "day day" which is code for baby. Luckily she has another baby that resembles her "day day" so we improvised!
  • The girl will NOT eat meat! I think I have an 18 month old vegetarian!
  • She holds out her hands and does the "all gone" motion.
  • She is starting to throw tantrums where she arches her back and then she does the cutest thing she takes her whole hand and covers her face and then pulls her hand down slowly pulling down her bottom lip---I realize that was not easy to picture, I'll try to get it on camera.
  • I am in a rut lately and feel like I feed her the same food over and over (and don't worry, I threw out her Campbells soup per Dr. Oz's warning).
  • It seems lately that almost everyday she does something and I am saying to myself "where did she learn that". I mean seriously I am with this kid 24/7! Here are a few things: I have our printer in our kitchen. Not because it looks good in there but because there is nowhere else to put it. We don't have a home office (or media room, or library or wine tasting room for that matter--we have bedrooms!) Anyway, I don't print often so I don't leave the printer plugged in. The other day Delaney walked up to the printer, grabbed the cord and walked over to the outlet and tried to plug it in. No clue how she knew to do that she isn't ever in the kitchen when I am printing! She took a coaster off the end table the other day and sat it down on the ottoman and sat her sippy cup on the coaster! I always use a coaster so I guess this "living the example thing" really works! LOL....The other day she tried giving her baby doll her sippy cup----she really is full of cuteness like that! I think she is really going to be into baby dolls! HELLO AMERICAN GIRL................
  • Her new thing is she likes to turn the light switches off and on (thank goodness light switches are up high and I have to be holding her to do it)!

Dear Delaney,

So many people say that 18 months is their favorite age. I don't disagree but I won't forget the past 17 months either! Time is just flying by and being able to be home with you is priceless! You get 100% of me forever Delaney! (And just so you know, if you want, you can always live at home!!) I say all the time "you are so much fun" you have the sweetest personality and really are quite entertaining! Everyone just wants to eat you up and pinch/kiss your chubby little cheeks (including the pool guys who came last week--I seriously thought they were going to kidnap you they couldn't get enough of you) I'll make sure when they come back this week we aren't home! You are such a curious little girl you have to be in "everyone's business". You are cute and sweet and so much fun, I just can't believe you're already one (and a half if we want to get "technical").

Love you sweet cheeks!
Your "mom" as you say!

No comments:

Post a Comment