Monday, August 23, 2010

Fun Weekend!!

"Delaney, don't eat your dress sweetheart"............ "Good Girl...now look at mommy"..........

"There you go...."

Never mind that Delaney rarely wears shoes and socks. We sort of boycott them from May-Sept!! But don't worry, Delaney has a drawer full of them just waiting to be worn. Delaney went downtown today with mommy to meet a friend for lunch and go to mommy's old office (so of course that called for a dress). As we were sitting outside having lunch, a woman walked by to tell Delaney how beautiful she was (yes, my daughter is going to get a BIG head)....then shortly after that, another woman asked "is it a boy or a girl".......now, is it wrong to say "oh, I don't know lady would YOU put a boy in a pink dress?!?!?!?!?!?! Don't worry, I kept my composure, walked on and said "A GIRL"!!! I never!! We got home from our day out and I clipped Delaney's finger nails. I have found that the best place to do this is on the front porch...for two reasons. 1. the natural daylight and 2. the distraction of being outside. Delaney LOVES sitting on the front porch and can just stare at the trees forever. So, I decided it's a great place to get her nails done. The only problem is....where will we go this winter? Short of moving to a warmer climate that is!
We got another visit this weekend from cousin Cerelle who is now at IU (I remembered to take a picture this time). Delaney promises she will never go off to college!!

Delaney decided getting teeth and rolling over just wasn't enough...she keeps trying to hold her bottle (yes, I know by the looks of this picture she isn't just trying, she's succeeding but remember how I like to live in a state of denial when it comes to her development)!!

And, she continues to be the happiest baby in the world!!!
On Saturday she got to wear a mini skirt and go to the mall!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment