Sunday, May 8, 2011

1st Haircut, Kentucky Derby, New Cousin and Mother's Day..........

We have A LOT to blog about from this weekend. First up, I did go through with Delaney's haircut and clearly, survived to blog about it!!! We headed to aunt Beth's salon (Waves). Delaney had a short wait (don't we always at the salon???) ha ha ha and then it was her turn. While she waited, she looked at a hair magazine to try to decide "how short to go"!

She needed a little boost!!

And then it was time to start cutting.....I did great---I mean Delaney did great!!!

And here are the before and after pictures..............

We left the salon and went to pick out a bookbag for Delaney! I mean look at this kid, she looks so big with her haircut like she's ready for school. I know what you're thinking, it was just a trim she can't look that different but she really does! Thanks aunt Beth!

Why of course I kept her hair!!! What do you mean you can't see it?????

Here's a closer shot, look again!!
Tucked safely away in her trinket box from Delaney's grandma Cathy!

And then it was time to watch the Kentucky Derby which you can't do without Mint Juleps---or in our case, Margaritas!!!!

Don't worry, Delaney had milk..........


She wasn't really interested in keeping her hat on but she did like her sunglasses!

See what I mean about the hat?????

Still not sure about the hat but she kept it on long enough for a couple of pictures.......(and don't think I didn't try last year's hat on her...as you can imagine, there was no way!)

And now onto Mother's Day!!! First thing this morning, we got news that cousin Logan David was born weighing in at 9lbs 3 oz!!!! Not only was he born on his due date AND mother's day, he was born on his daddy's birthday!! We can't wait to meet the newest addition of our family. He is the 3rd baby born in just over 13 months!!

I am "one of those" moms who firmly believes in never waking a sleeping baby. But wouldn't you know I had to wake up Delaney at 10:10 a.m. this morning! We had brunch reservations at 11:00 a.m. Delaney wanted to wear her signature colors!!! I think this is the last (and only 2nd) time she'll get to wear this dress and hat I just "had to have".

There are soooo many things I could write today about what it means to be Delaney's mom but I think I'll just say this...................


Delaney, being your mom is EVERYTHING I knew it would be AND A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Mother's Day


































No comments:

Post a Comment