Monday, November 9, 2015

Don't let the pictures fool you............

Minutes later, 22 of them to be exact, she was still not dressed because she didn't want to wear pants because A. What if Skylynn didn't wear pants and B. She didn't want her pants to touch her body!




Once we finally made it out of the house, IN PANTS, we headed off to school.
Where Skylynn's mom just happened to be in front of us and well wouldn't you know, she hopped out of her mom's car wearing a jumper! 

I was signed up to be a "parent helper" today where Delaney assured me all I would have to do was pour orange juice! There was juice all right at the very end of the day after A LOT of teaching!! I had to go over their sight words with 28 kids, and then there was homework sheets and all sorts of nonsense.  I told my friends it was like going to boot camp! Man those poor kids don't get away with anything and they get lots of play time taken away for poor behavior.  So here are the funny moments:

"Did you do Delaney's hair, did her daddy do it"?
"No sweetie, no one did her hair today that's why it looks so awful"

"I'm Delaney's friend and she wants us to have a sleepover at your house"
"Nice try, but I'm not ready for that"

"I farted" (a boy, of course!)
"Um, we don't use that word"

"Mrs. Newsom, my tooth is loose and it feels funny when I do this"
"Then stop doing it"

"I like your lips"
"Thank you, but you're too young for lip gloss"

My personal favorite was the little boy that came to my work station and yelled out how he is getting a dog in four months! 
"I'm probably not the best person to talk to about dogs"

Delaney didn't waste any time getting home and telling me that Skylynn wore a jumper to school!
I do not know what it is with little girls and pants!! One of the girls switched out of her pants and into a skirt because her pants were making her leg itch! (I thought she peed her pants!).  The kids lose (in class play time) for poor behavior in two minute increments.  There was a handful of kids that had to "go sit at the brown table where our parent helper is"...............Longest two minutes of my life! I felt so bad for the little kids I couldn't even look at them.  Then I got one little girl in trouble by telling her she could move a chair from one table to another.  They don't get away with anything in Kindergarten. They have three teachers who keep their eyes on them at all time. 

Kindergarten has changed slightly since 1980.  There was no cutting, coloring and pasting going on! They were learning about fiction---isn't everything fiction when you're 5!?!

No wonder Delaney comes home tired, "boot camp" is exhausting!













2 comments: