Sunday, November 8, 2015

Frozen....Lake (but not a frozen lake and I have no idea why the formatting is messed up)

On Friday, we didn't waste any time (and as you can see, some of us didn't even have time to change clothes) and headed to the lake!  Speaking of clothes, not sure what's going on with Delaney's pants, they are NOT the ones she was told to wear (I found those on her floor)....It was her first day to wear uniform pants so you can imagine how the morning went.
Sweet Cousins........
Speechless................

We went to check out what we "hope" is going to be the new lake house and look who showed up! The girls just pulled on up in the golf cart and decided to trespass with us!
Delaney has been excited all week to head to the lake to check out the golf cart (or, as she would tell you "her" golf cart) And, as of Friday, it is "the guy who works at city hall" inspected and road ready! Because you know, that would have stopped her! 
And just as soon as that little foot of hers can safely reach the peddle, she'll be taking it down the street to pick up the pizza!!!


Delaney had her first classmate birthday party this weekend too!
I was all set on staying at the party since you know, they are strangers and all....
But the other moms left and I decided I felt comfortable leaving (and by leaving I mean sitting in my car parked down the street!)
Ok....I didn't, I thought about it, but then I noticed my nails needed painted and then there was the beeping gas light so I left my child with complete and total strangers and off I went for two hours!

I couldn't wait to pick her up to hear all about it. As I walked up to the door, all I heard was 13 five year old little girls' LOUD voices. It was so much fun to see Delaney interact with her friends.  She said "mommy, come here I want you to meet my friend, Brooklyn".
I didn't get any pictures from the party because A. I left (still can't believe I did that) and B. I was too worried about Delaney getting blue sprinkles on their WHITE carpet! They had a white chocolate fountain and cake and ice cream and all sorts of really cute touches that didn't get past this party planner!! They set the bar high folks!! Real high....

When we left, we headed out to finally meet our new cousin, baby Elise.
On our half hour drive, Delaney decided a little of this was in order!
And normally I would have been just fine with that but I wanted to interrogate hear how the party went.  I did ask her if she ate and she said AND I QUOTE "No, I didn't eat, they didn't have anything I like, they just had sweets and you know how that rots your teeth".
So I'm just not sure how she got blue icing all over her lips.....hmmmmm.

Delaney was still asleep as we pulled in the drive! 
Two seconds later, this was happening!
Such a proud new cousin, she said "I just love her". 
I'm not so sure in this moment, the feeling was mutual! 

I think Delaney was a little more excited to hold Elise than Elise was!
Disregard her leg warmers, Delaney prefers to use them as knee guards and as you can imagine, she "doesn't care" that she looks ridiculous! 

Delaney said "I wish she was ours"

Here is one of Delaney's party favors.  
They also made tiaras and got Olaf snowmen kits (like I said, the bar is high).  
I can't believe we have entered the school friends birthday party phase! 
I learned that the birthday girl is also an only child like Delaney (oh, and that she has a princess bedroom). Her parents were "older".....you know, like me!!!
I always worry about being an "old mom" but I really just need to "Let it Go".
I think Mia's mom and I could be great friends, especially if she let me borrow her cute Tory Burch shoes she was wearing!!!

It's been such a great weekend, funny how they happen right when you need them......

We had a rough week. So grief, if you're "listening"....thanks for stopping by, nice try, but there's no room for you here, so move along............
Delaney, however old you are when you are reading this, know this.....
NOTHING CAN STEAL OUR HAPPINESS, NOT EVEN GRIEF!
And just as soon as I figure out how to fly to heaven, we're on a first class plane to see your daddy sweet girl!

Speaking of my sweet girl, my favorite part of the weekend was when two of the birthday "party helpers" told me how sweet Delaney was. She makes me one proud momma and I never miss an opportunity to tell her how proud she makes me. To hear it from well, total strangers (oh gosh, what was I thinking leaving her alone there!?!?!) warms my heart! I asked Delaney if any of the other moms stayed and she said yes. I felt bad about that as I was staring at my freshly painted nails.....in my defense, I told Mia's parents Delaney knows my cell number and made sure they had working smoke detectors before I left!! #nerdmom 








No comments:

Post a Comment