Monday, November 16, 2015

Weekend Recap

Delaney is NEVER home on the weekends! She's turned into a teenager with her busy calendar!
She is such a little social butterfly, I just don't know where she gets it :-)

On Friday, I picked Delaney up from school and told her she had a surprise babysitter coming to the house. She made multiple guesses (including her cousin Logan who is younger than her and lives in KY)! She also guessed her cousin who lives in Manhattan! She must really think people will travel far to babysit her. Her babysitter didn't travel far at all; it was the little girl next door babysitting for the first time. Actually, she's not so little anymore---- I can't believe how tall she has gotten (I don't even remember seeing her one time over the summer). Delaney was so excited for her to come over, she waited at the front door on her for an hour (and asked me 500 times when would it be 4:00).

And I was so excited to meet Julie for round 2 of her birthday celebration!
I actually had to change out of my work clothes (yoga pants) to head to happy hour!

She asked me about the babysitter situation and "who I got" (she knows the babysitter) and asked me how old she is now and I told her I had no idea! I guess I should have asked....I did tell her how tall she'd gotten (as if a tall kid had to be old enough to babysit)! I later found out she's in middle school.

I had NO IDEA how much I was suppose to pay a babysitter!! And when your ATM only lets you withdraw 20's, the going rate is apparently $10 an hour (thank goodness happy hour lasts just 2 hours)! 

Delaney and I watched Poltergeist which is probably not the best Friday night family movie but she loves scary movies just like her momma! I told her not to tell anyone I let her watch it and she said "but what if I do".

Operation clean up the playroom came to a screeching halt Saturday when it was time to head to grandma and grandpa's. I made the usual empty threats telling her she wasn't going to go if  it wasn't cleaned. She knew I had plans, she knew she was going! At one point she said "mommy, I just feel like I need a night away from you"( I was thinking a week seemed in order in the moment)!

I took a video and sent it to grandma to show Delaney (apologizing for our bad day).
This is what I got in return.
Clearly, I was more upset over how things went than she was!


The next morning I picked her up after "breakfast club" (breakfast rotation with friends) and the very first conversation we had went like this:

"Mommy, Kelsey at school was talking to me about the father/daughter dance and I told her, tell me more about this on recess. I asked her if there is a mommy/daughter dance because I don't have a daddy, well, I do, but he's in heaven and Kesley told me she was so very sorry to hear that and I told her she doesn't have to be sorry, it's not her fault". (I melt.....)
And here I thought our conversation would go something like "did you have fun last night"!!

Ok, wipe your tears, because you know in true Delaney form it gets better........

I said, "Delaney, you know that daddy's friends would line up at the door to take you to the father/daughter dance don't you"?

"Yes, but I think I just want grandpa to take me"!!

(And for the record, I know nothing of a father/daughter, make that grandpa/granddaughter dance)!

Later, we were driving and she said "Dear Jesus, thank you for my daddy, please watch over him". AND THEN...............

"Dear Jesus, thank you for the people who made my little baby (a/k/a her baby doll).
Never EVER a dull moment around here.......

Then Monday rolled around and I got home and saw this on the front porch.
You can imagine how excited I was.............until I noticed a note on the front porch from one of the fireman Dave worked with who was in the neighborhood and just stopped by to check on us!
Nordstrom, you made my day for a millisecond, but I'd take a lifetime of those notes over a pair of Joe's (jeans) and a super hideous award winning (hopefully) ugly Christmas sweater!


We have gotten into a bad habit of doing homework too late at night. And by bad habit, I mean when we got to the last page, Delaney said "mommy, I think this worksheet is going to be easy peasey lemon squeezy and I don't think we'll fight over it at all"...................

She reminded me that the letter this week at school is "R" and that meant she had to have something for dinner that started with an R and the only thing "she" could come up with was a Reese's Cup! After I got done laughing, I realized, she was right! 

I better add radishes to the grocery list!

No comments:

Post a Comment