Monday, November 2, 2015

And Now It's November.......................

I saw a really cute Instagram post this morning that was a picture of Cinderella and it said "when the clock strikes midnight on Halloween, it's Christmas! HOWEVER, as you know, in our house, we celebrate the holidays in order! Despite the fact I am almost giddy waiting for UPS to get here with my new jeans and Delaney's American Girl order (shopping is pretty much a year round sport at our house), "Santa" is finished with "her" shopping and our Christmas cards will arrive this week! But like I said, "in order"......We love Halloween (which came with an awesome party this year.....I can't forget to give a huge thank you to Pinterest and one super cute 3rd grader for my $9 costume----a bottle of OPI nail polish). I also love the day after Halloween when we go home (a/k/a Target) and stock up for next year! I caught myself saying "just throw everything in our cart and we'll sort through it later".............I can't wait to see what Pinterest has in store for my costume next year!

Before I post Halloween pictures, I thought I would introduce you to the newest member of our ever growing family...........................


Cousin Maria was married this weekend in Bowling Green, KY.  Welcome to the family Jason. However, as I am typing this, cousin Jenny just gave birth to Delaney's newest cousin, Elise.  So, while you "were" the newest member of our family (albeit for three days) you need to know, in this family, we get married (see above) and have babies (waiting on a picture)!! The babies are outnumbering the adults!

Delaney got to get out of school early on Friday (which is huge to a 5 year old) and we headed south. We arrived, changed clothes, and left for the ceremony.  But not before capturing this.....

I Melt.....

Now, onto the ceremony........(can you believe it was a gorgeous, sunny evening for an outdoor wedding on October 30th??)


 I love this picture......
 Have I mentioned how cool it is to have a pastor in the family?
He has married both of his kids and all of the married nieces and nephews.
He always adds a personal touch to his ceremonies and for his daughter's it went like this:
"Jason, Take Care of My Daughter"!!! THE END

 Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Barr.....
 Jason is a country boy who has turned this girl into a country girl.
I realized this when she came down the stairs in cowgirl boots (and, the cutest handbag I have ever seen! I really had to resist texting her on her wedding night for details). Dillards here I come! 
 I consider the wedding cake the best part of a wedding!
May have had a piece the next morning for breakfast.
 Waiting patiently on.........
 The BEST strawberry cake (and this wasn't even the wedding cake)
 Cousin Maria apologized to Delaney for not having a flower girl in her wedding.  Delaney is considering accepting her apology....
 And here are some of the littles before we headed home.....
We may have woken up Lexi to take this

So we could make the three hour drive home to change into
 I didn't know "witch" one to post they were all so cute!

By the time we got home, it was raining and the trick or treat ship had passed.  Or so I thought..... We do not typically get trick or treaters so when the doorbell rang (twice) I panicked and grabbed Delaney's candy from trunk or treating.  Delaney did get to trick or treat at one grandma and grandpa's and then I dropped her off at another's where she had fun passing out candy.

When we made the 5 minute drive home the next morning, Delaney went into a full blown melt down telling me how if I hadn't gone to my party, she would have gone trick or treating and how everyone knows Halloween is all about the candy and I ruined her Halloween and her "season" (#5yearoldproblems).
It was the longest 5 minute drive Of My Life!

As we pulled into the driveway, I noticed a bag on the porch.....
To the secret admirer who left the bag of candy
THANK YOU, YOU SAVED HALLOWEEN!

Then Delaney was on YouTube and noticed no one "Liked" one of her videos.........

The Newsom girls give new meaning to "never a dull moment"!

No comments:

Post a Comment