Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

Delaney was out of school on Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Which led to an entire day of asking me every 5 minutes when her cousins would be arriving. At one point, she picked up my phone and asked Siri how much longer it would be. We were able to squeeze in an emergency trip to Macy's for a Thanksgiving outfit #mommaforgottoplanahead before they arrived!

Finally!

The next morning it was time to get up and start getting ready! Cousin Jeremy braided Delaney's hair (while she treated herself to a donut).
I really need to learn how to do this...................
Then we headed to aunt Trina's house for lunch.  Here are the two newest members (I wonder if someone fed them turkey!) We sat and passed around the babies!


My Little Turkey!


Oh these two...............

So thankful I was chosen to be her momma...........
The littles........(and big cousin, Adarrah)
Then it was time to head home before we headed to the "next one". This happened about 2 seconds after she got in the car. No turkey involved.................
The "extended" family rents out a gym to host the "dessert" get together. Last count was 85 people!


Apparently she didn't notice ALL of the desserts...........
Logan and Lexi's mom and dad decided to do some black Friday shopping. I decided I would rather stick needles in my eyeballs and offered to babysit! The three kids are 5, 4 and 18 months. Lexi went down for a nap and virtually slept through black Friday while these two played, and played.....

and played.............(they also got out the Play Doh which mostly ended up on the floor).  It was so much fun to sit and listen to their conversation. Especially this one: Logan said "does your daddy ever come home". Delaney "no, he lives in heaven".................I LOVE THEM!

And these "twinsies" got their picture taken before it was time to say good-bye.


My favorite part of Thanksgiving this year was when we pulled into the driveway at aunt Trina's and we waited in the car so we could listen to our "theme song". Each year, we somehow end up with one (it finds us).  "I got EVERYTHING I NEED and NOTHING that I DON'T"....................."found" us this year and sums us up perfectly! 

Delaney has turned into quite the little "car" dancer/singer!  We were recently pulling in at home (and by home I mean Target) and one of daddy's fireman friends was walking out and "caught" us and walked up to the car and said "what's going on here"! We dance like no one is watching....even if it's in the car! The girl can belt out "video killed the radio star" like no one's business! So if you see (or hear) us driving, don't mind us.........CAUSE WE WON'T MIND YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment