Sunday, February 5, 2012

"Super" Fun Day!

Another year, another Superbowl party for Delaney.  This girl really keeps a busy social calendar if I do say so myself! I found these whoopie pies on Pinterest (please please tell me you are on there, if not, then well, I just don't know what to say---and that NEVER happens!).  I cheated and bought the new Pillsbury boxed kit (and made them yesterday just in case they weren't edible I'd have time to make something else) and then iced the tops to look like footballs but instead they sort of looked like tic tac toe boards! My icing was too thick and that's probably because I bought the wrong kind. But then I thought "can icing ever really be too thick"????  The box makes a dozen but if you look closely at the picture you may notice there are only 11.


 Wonder what happened to the 12th!!!!!
When Delaney got up from her nap (you didn't think I was going to let her miss that did you?) we headed to our friends' Brian and Jenny's who just built a GORGEOUS new home (and yes Jenny, I even loved the RED bathroom!)  Delaney dressed the part with her new jersey her grandpa got for her (Dear NFL if you are reading this...HAVE YOU NEVER HEARD OF PINK????)
I am not sure if this was a football move she was practicing (it is right?? touchback or something like that??) or if Delaney is showing you her bow Amy and Gracie made for her (and yes, you will see this again come 4th of July!)
 Pay close attention to this picture.................
 And here we are back home---no white shirt, no pony tail..........(hiding mommy's keys in the camera case).
People ALWAYS ask me if Delaney is always smiling......why YES, as a matter of fact she is.  I could just burst with joy over this little girl...........how will she ever know how much she means to me????
And just because I like to torture myself and "look back", here is Delaney last year in Texas at her first Superbowl party.  The year before that she was at the game (in utero of course!) but we don't need to talk about THAT game.

1 comment:

  1. A social bee she is. Maybe in the one picture she was preparing to T-bow before the game. What a difference a year makes - hard to believe she is growing so fast.. Love her.....

    ReplyDelete