Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A "New" Babysitter

Are you wondering what Delaney is watching so intently??? (and yes, those are her rain boots, she is obsessed with them)

 Really?  You had to wonder????

While I talked on the phone got dinner ready I turned on "the babysitter" tonight.  It was a huge success (so was dinner).  I discovered a few things about Sesame Street.  A.  It has "new" episodes on during the day at 1:00---REALLY??? Whose bright idea was it to put Sesame Street on right at universal nap time?  Which brings me to B.  What in the world did we do before DVR?  C. The computers on Sesame Street remind me of the ones we used when they first came out---dinosaurs!!!  D.  Now that we are watching "new" episodes and not just the ones On Demand I noticed they changed the beginning--modernized it, but it's the same song. E. I have lost count of how many episodes a person can watch in one day!  I thought Delaney was never going to learn the other characters (is that what we call them? they seem like monsters but I really don't think that's appropriate) besides Elmo on this show but she has finally said Cookie for Cookie Monster, Bi Bir for Big Bird and just tonight she said Bir (which sounded like book) and then said her version of Ernie!  PRAISE JESUS!!! Maybe now I won't have to fast forward the non Elmo segments!!!

Delaney and I have had a very quiet week with no plans and it has been so nice!  I did make a trip to Target today (I was afraid they would shut down if I didn't make an appearance) and you know what I learned??? It IS possible to walk right past the dollar stop and not buy anything!!  Who knew!!!

And then I came home and made the dreaded call--I have been putting it off for awhile now.  I called the baker to make an appointment for her birthday cake!!!! What?? Did you think I was going to say to make an appointment to tour preschool???????? YOU KNOW BETTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment