Thursday, February 23, 2012

"She Said 3"

I often find myself wondering why Julie and I don't have our own sitcom........now that I have your attention allow me to explain..............

I can remember quite vividly Julie telling me "now you know that realistically Delaney will probably be 3 before she's potty trained".  I replied "yes, and I am perfectly fine with that".  You see, I do NOT MIND buying diapers, I do NOT MIND changing diapers (oh and I haven't told you this but Delaney is "one of those" people who can only do #2 at home so no messy diaper changes when we are out).  Ok so, I BELIEVED HER!! Julie has potty trained 5 kids so the woman knows what she's talking about right????  Well, I thought I had another year but if you've read the blog lately then you know Delaney has other ideas and her own "timeline".  I"m just really struggling with this like the other night when she stood at the bathroom door (that she shut earlier) and started saying "potty".  Doesn't she know that I am not ready for potty training??????  I thought I had until she was 3!!!

Julie can really tell it like it is in a non "know it all" way!  Like the time when she called me and said "Did you watch Dateline last night?"  "No, why" "Well, I am really getting worried about your eggs because they said that women's eggs begin to drastically deplete at the age of 27".  "Ok thanks, I'll tell Dave"...............and my VERY favorite story....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!

"Ashley, I have something important to tell you and I've been holding it in because I don't know how". "WHAT? just tell me"......"I heard the Target by you is shutting down" AND THAT MY FRIENDS WAS THE DEFINITION OF DEVASTATING!!!! See, she knew that was MAJOR news in my world and if no one else was going to be brave enough to tell me then she knew she had to be the one!  (I was thinking of this story yesterday when I text Julie asking her if she "needed" to go to Target).  She replied she was at the gym.  I replied "that thought nauseates me".............So, if there are any t.v. producers following this blog there's plenty more where those came from (ha ha ha)....

Notice the RED tags??? These were my Target Deals ($.60) and boy did they have tons (well maybe not now since I came home and told everyone about them) I'm guessing because we have basically skipped over winter weather this year!!!  Who needs the Dollar Bind???
Ok, gotta go, someone wants to start our marathon of Sesame Street!!!!

P.S. I have another funny Julie story to tell you about baby names.  I am thinking I need to do a whole blog post for Delaney to read someday on all of our David's baby names.  I am also thinking I should have asked Julie permission to do this post! ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment