Saturday, March 5, 2011

What the "DELL"?????????????

Well, it's a good thing we didn't have any plans today (or Aunt Ang for that matter!) because we spent SEVEN HOURS on the phone with AT&T and Dell trying to get me connected to the internet. We had a storm last night and I thought maybe that was why I couldn't get connected. So, I took that as a sign to get off the computer and read my book. I thought "Everything will be better in the morning"---well, like I said in my previous post---IT WASN'T.....NO INTERNET! So, I got a text from Aunt Ang who wanted to come for a visit--my response "yes, please do, I am overwhelmed"...and, literally, within minutes she was in our driveway! Honestly, I know that when Ang leaves our house she wonders how we function! She is great with computers and took the "1st shift"...oh, and then the 2nd shift which was watching Delaney when she got up from her nap (just one hour today)! So, long story short, my virus protection software (McAfee) that came preloaded by Dell mind you was preventing me from accessing the internet! Why would I need virus protection if I can't get on the internet to get viruses?????? So, after all of that, it was certain, we were going to need a little of this.......... I learned more about my Dell representative than any one person should know, but I was NOT letting him off the phone until it was fixed. So, I thought rather than listening to each other breath, I'd get to know my rep! Oh, and YES, he was from India (off on Wednesdays and Thursdays, had a 1/2 hour left on his shift and was going to be watching Cricket tomorrow!) I bet he hopes the next time I need his help it's on his day off! I asked him if he wanted me to stay on the phone with him until his shift was over so he didn't get another nutcase like me before he left!!!! But even after all of that (which I have NEVER had to do before---guess I should have purchased another Gateway!) as you can see, my glass is still half full! We're quite certain Ang will NEVER ask to come visit us again!

So enough of my problems, let's talk about something much more important....like the fact that Delaney had her teeth brushed today! I had no clue I was suppose to be brushing her teeth (remember, I refuse to raise her "by the book").......So, let's do a recap, within one week, she has gotten her first molar, taken steps and now gets her teeth brushed..........I think this calls for another glass! Gotta go...................






No comments:

Post a Comment