Friday, March 25, 2011

I had the strangest dream...................

It was so real, it was Delaney's 1st Birthday and everyone came. Delaney's grandma and grandpa were there....................My sweet little girl stood at our front door waiting for her guests to arrive for her party (and no, the cowgirl boots didn't stay on long---GOOD THING we went all the way to Texas to get them)!!!! Have you ever had one of those dreams where it's so real? Well, this was one of them, I mean it was so vivid. Delaney's great grandma Purichia was there (who by the way does NOTHING to mess up her hair so the fact she put on a hat for little Delaney Catherine was huge---in my dream of course!)..........................

And cousins Jenny and Adarrah were there (and even had a dual)...............
And great aunt Catherine and uncle Mark were there (and in my dream uncle Mark was so excited for Delaney's party he got online and ordered a new western vest to wear)...................
And grandma Terry was there.....................
And even great aunt Trina...............
And I was there of course (but like I said, it was only a dream).................
And in my dream I ordered this adorable cowgirl onesie from Etsy for Delaney (when she was a newborn!) but like I said............






And all the guests ate from pie tins and were famous cowgirls and cowboys....(Annie Oakley was there of course)................
And in my dream I "burlapped" everything I could get my hands around.................(including large soup cans and used them as vases for fresh flowers)
And there was a buffet of "western" food----there was Buckaroo BBQ, Bootstraps Baked Beans...................
Cowgirl cornbread--courtesy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks (and in my dream, I used an iron skillet that was too large so the cornbread was thin and was way too dry----good thing it was only a dream!)
And there was Mustang Mac N Cheese.......................
And Saddle Up Potato Salad.........(also courtesy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks)

See what I mean about the burlap----ice bucket and mason jars aren't just ice buckets and mason jars at the Newsom Ranch! And there was a "waterin' hole" to quinch your thirst complete with "Cactus Juice"............
And root beer and Sweet Tea (thank goodness there was a McAlisters in the Wild West)..........
And of course there were.....................
including a school bus (but I explained to Delaney those were for kids whose mommy's let them leave the house and go to school)...........
And of course there was cake (chocolate with raspberry filling to be exact!).......
See what I mean about the burlap?????
And in my dream I told EVERYONE I know about this new found discovery of mine...THE BEST ice cream in the Wild West!! Thank goodness the Wild West also has Meijer because "in my dream" that's the only store where I could find it.
And there were cupcakes too (strawberry with buttercream icing!) Cupcake wrappers and toppers from Etsy (of course!)................
And YES, I even let Delaney have one (in my dream of course) and the little dainty thing didn't like to touch it so she just put her face in it AND LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (oh and yes, in my dream I also decorated her high chair). Notice not only did she lose her hat and boots but her tights too!
And Delaney sent all of her guests home with party favors......(wrapped in guess what??)
But let them know they were all welcome to.............................
But like I said, "it was only a dream"......................................................


*****I'd also like to record this..........................(which SADLY WASN'T A DREAM) Last night, Delaney was up more times than I care to count, remember, record for this blog. She woke up at 1:30 a.m one of the times and when I went in her room, I picked her up, sat with her and rocked her in her chair (that is rarely used) and realized "I bet it's 1:39 a.m.---the exact time she was born". I think the girl just wanted to be up ON HER ACTUAL BIRTHDAY!!! As much as I enjoy my sleep, I thought it was pretty neat that we had that moment together.

1 comment:

  1. Wild, wild, Wow! Looks like the big cowgirl did lots of work to get the Newsom "ranch" and the little cowgirl ready for this celebration!

    Looks like a great party and lots of great memories!

    Essie

    ReplyDelete