Monday, March 28, 2011

Delaney's 12 Month Check Up

Delaney and I had a busy day today so we set the alarm for 9:00 a.m. (and yes, it went off) and got ready for her 12 month check up! I think all of the kids who didn't get to go on Spring Break had to go to the doctor's office today! We were there for an hour which is unheard of. Delaney was so different to take to the doctor at this age since she constantly wants "down". Well what kind of mother puts her child "down" in an office of sick kids???? Not this one! After a 1/2 hour, we finally got things underway. Delaney weighs 21 lbs and is 29 inches. She is in the 50th percentile in both categories and the 75th percentile for her head circumference which would make her daddy so happy because he didn't give a hoot about height and weight---all daddy wanted to know was how big was her head because he said a big head meant a big brain! ha ha I have been curious to see what Delaney's doctor's "take" was on keeping her rear facing in her car seat until she's two (which I just can't wrap my mind around) and as suspected he said "TURN THAT BABY AROUND, SHE WILL BE FINE". So, just as soon as I go to a couple more stores to stock up on Kleenex, I'll be getting out the convertible car seat and we'll be hitting the open road "forward facing".................... She is fine to eat "anything" now and I have FINALLY bought my last can of formula!!!! wooooo hoooooo........... Is it too soon to start microdermabrasion on Delaney? The doctor told me there is nothing I can do to get rid of her little "bumps"........... Shouldn 't good skincare start as soon as possible?!?!?!?

And yes, she got two shots today (and did great!) Have you ever seen anything so cute (I have no idea why it looks like Delaney is "sucking it in")??? I hope Delaney doesn't get any ideas wearing Camouflage because that would mean she'd have to leave home..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment