Friday, March 11, 2011

Two Weeks' Notice

Sorry for the quality of this picture, I took it with my cell phone (which I refer to as my "stupid phone"---the COMPLETE opposite of a "Smartphone").........I just wanted everyone to see that ITALY IS BACK ON!! Delaney and I had leftover spaghetti and meatballs on Tuesday for lunch and she finished her bowl! I am sooooooooo glad because I hated to break it to this little girl how often we have Italian food for dinner in our house!Let me first clarify that I will no longer be posting photos of Delaney crying on Wordless Wednesday! Within 2.2 seconds of doing so, a representative from "GPS"---a/k/a "Grandma Protective Services" calls or emails wanting to know why their granddaughter is crying! Well last week it was because she wanted me to pick her up---well yes, of course I did (she's in that "up then down phase")! And this week's Wordless Wednesday was because the little princess didn't want to get her fingers dirty by feeding herself her banana--she practically ate the whole thing when I fed it to her with her spoon! Have y'all been wondering what we've been up to this week? Well, in the fashion world, Delaney wore for the first time two of her sweatsuits she got for Christmas. I know what you're thinking----what's the big deal?? Well, they are 12 months and I NEVER put her in a size "before the size"....big step people...HUGE. I was just sure she would swim in them............................of course, I was just being my delusional self! And yes, I do still kiss those sweet cheeks 100 times a day----which is probably why they are often chapped!!!

"Delaney"..................................

"What are you doing"................

"Just reading my book mommy"............

Wouldn't y'all agree Delaney needs NO toys for her birthday!!
"Mommy, I just called grandma and she said you never say that to a kid and she's on her way"!

"See mommy, I told you grandma would come right over" (note car in driveway)..............

Are y'all still sitting there in shock staring at the screen that I typed the word Birthday???? Well, yes, I did and no matter how hard I try I know the day is quickly approaching...which is why the title of this post.....this is your Two Week Notice that we may not be blogging as often for the next two weeks since we will be planning Delaney's party. As you can see, the gifts have already started arriving!!!

Some of you know that I have been planning Delaney's 1st Birthday (in my head of course) since she was born--ooops, scratch that, since we found out we were having a girl (Nov. 10, 2009 to be exact----how could I ever forget that day!)..........funny, I only needed 6 months to plan a wedding! Oh and are y'all wondering why I keep saying y'all??????????????????????????

That's right, we are having a cowgirl birthday party!! Now that everyone has hopefully received their invitation, I thought I would go ahead and post it. And if you didn't get your invitation, well let me explain.........Simply put----Delaney and I have A LOT OF FRIENDS (shocking I know that two social butterflies like us know so many people) but unfortunately, not a lot of square feet! So, to simplify things, Delaney will be having a family only birthday party.....CORRECTION, Delaney will be having SEVERAL FAMILY ONLY BIRTHDAY PARTIES!!! I spent way too much time trying to find the perfect invitation (I knew I wanted to include a picture so that limited me somewhat---ok, a lot!). So, after a lot of "samples", I stuck with the "less is best" theme and conveniently remembered I bought a ton of burlap so surely I could incorporate that into the invitations! So, I cut them (intentionally "messy"---ok, not so intentionally but have you ever tried to cut burlap???) and then attached the burlap to card stock scrapbook paper and attached this picture I took of Delaney---after editing it of course! And then of course inserted some cheesy language for the inside! I love that her 1st birthday party is on her actual birthday! In the end, her invitations were not at all my "vision" but I still love how they turned out. There is still soooo much to do (I know, that seems crazy since I have been planning this party in my head for over a year)..........and yes, y'all know I'll be blogging about her party--or make that, parties!!!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment