Monday, January 24, 2011

"Work Number"

The other day I received an EOB from the insurance company from a recent doctor's visit. It reminded me of something that happened that day at the doctor's office. When I checked in, the girl at the front desk wanted to "re-confirm" my contact information and said she needed my "work number" because the one they had on file was no good. I replied "my work number is the same as my home number, I stay home with my baby". She was sweet and said "well, you probably work harder than most of us then". I smiled and took my seat. People often ask me if I miss working.....................................

WHAT DO YOU THINK??????????? DO YOU EVEN HAVE TO ASK???????????????

NOW, before you working mothers get upset at me for this post, keep in mind, I AM PUTTING IT RIGHT HERE IN WRITING ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB..........I HAVE A RESPECT FOR YOU LIKE NO OTHER! HOW YOU GET UP IN THE NIGHT WITH BABIES, GET UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, GET YOU AND YOUR BABY READY AND DROP YOUR BABY(IES) OFF AT DAYCARE AND GET TO WORK ON TIME IS BEYOND MY COMPREHENSION!!!!!!!



So, please don't start sending me hate emails! ha ha ha...I could never ever do what you do, (I mean let's face it, I am not a morning person)!!



I hardly call getting to spend every second of every day with my favorite little person "WORK". But, I guess "technically", I "work" from home. So, if you need me, I'll be at the office, you know the "work number"...........



No comments:

Post a Comment