Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Double Digits"

That's right, Delaney Catherine is TEN.......... Count them, TEN..............................

Months old today! She is determined to continue growing and has reached double digits! I"m not really sure how this happened. All I know is, I blinked, and, well, here we are..........here is what she's up to!

  • I think Delaney weighs just over 19 lbs (went to the doctor almost two weeks ago and her weight was 19.11)

  • Delaney just started (as in had her 2nd jar yesterday) size 3 baby food jars

  • She takes 5 6 oz. bottles of formula a day (sometimes 8 oz)

  • Delaney is doing MUCH better about taking naps and is averaging a 2 hour nap everyday! And, is currently napping as I type this! (I think)

  • She crawls from one end of the living room to the other nonstop all day long. It's exhausting (and I love it)!!!

  • She will stand on her own for a few seconds and has really good balance. She will go from a sitting to standing position on her own.

  • Delaney is absolutely obsessed with the remote control (and my cell phone). She has fake "real ones" but wants nothing to do with them. She has accidentally called someone before too (Sorry Jenny!). I think she's a real natural when it comes to talking (don't have a clue where she gets this from!) She "talks" from the minute she wakes up until she goes to bed.

  • With her obsession over the remote, I am quite certain that Delaney will have a future in television. Maybe she'll be a newscaster or something (for the evening news of course because we all know she doesn't see daylight until 9:00 a.m.!) ha ha ha

  • Although we don't blog about it much anymore, we still have visitors almost daily

  • She wears 9 month clothes and size 2-3 diapers

  • WHEN I can keep shoes on her, she wears a size 3

  • She is almost finished with her very first prescription (Augmentin) for a "skin infection"

  • Delaney sleeps an average of 9 p.m. to 9 a.m. (although the last three mornings she has gotten up at 8:30---don't have a CLUE what's gotten into her)!

  • She has her 4 top teeth and her 4 bottom teeth

  • Delaney smiles ALL THE TIME

  • She currently has her first diaper rash and if it doesn't go away soon, I am going to need some intense therapy over it!! I know, I am so dramatic! But seriously, it breaks my heart that her bottom is not, well, "perfect"

  • And speaking of perfect, I know I am her mother and that I, (along with all of her grandparents of course) think she is perfect....BUT SHE REALLY IS!

  • Just the other day while we were at the grocery store, we barely walked in the entrance when a total stranger walked up to us and said "do you just take her picture everyday or what, she is precious"! Of course being the proud mommy that I am, I thanked her and then said "actually, yes, I do"....(clearly she wasn't a blog follower or she would have known! ha ha ha)

Dear Delaney Catherine,

Here we are at the 10 month mark, how in the world did this happen??? I don't remember, nor care to remember what life was like before the minute (1:39 a.m. to be exact) you came into this world. My world truly does begin and end with you!!! Two months from today we will celebrate your first birthday. I am already stocking up on kleenex for that day! I know they say the days are long (well, our's aren't exactly that long thanks to your wonderful sleeping habits) but the years are short so I will just continue soaking up every second with you I can!

Love,

Your mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, time flies! I love that you have documented all of her monthly accomplishements and stats. One day you will be glad you did that, because I wish I had now that I am reading yours. We wish we were there to see all of these things for ourselves. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete