Friday, November 26, 2010

Delaney's First "Black Friday"....

Or, should we say "BLACK OUT FRIDAY"............At 11:20 p.m. on Thanksgiving, we lost power. "WE" as in 100 residents on our street and the one behind us......now, most of you know, this is a common occurrence at our house so we're used to it (unfortunately). But not in the cold!! Who knew when you didn't have power, your gas furnace wouldn't work either. We always lose power in the summer and then of course don't have air conditioning (still can't decide which is worse!) After calling the power company, there was an automated message that a tree was down and it should be fixed by 1:00 a.m. Well, at 2:00 a.m. with shivering lips (added drama) I called back and because I am a "frequent caller" if you will at IPL, I know how to bypass all of their "press 1 for this, press 2 for that" and got a live person....who told me THEY WERE JUST GETTING STARTED and it should be fixed in 45 minutes..........well, let's just say that was the longest 45 minutes in history because the power came back on at 6:30 a.m.!! This may come as a shock to you but as much as I love to shop...I AM NOT A BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPER. I simply do not have the patience for it. I say if I don't know about a deal then I won't be sorry I missed it (plus, I cannot deal with the traffic, parking, long lines, etc and oh ya, let's face it, I am NOT a morning person!!).........I joked and said I almost turned into a Black Friday shopper because we should have just left and gone shopping since stores were open all night AND OH YA, THEY HAD HEAT!!!!!! Here's how Delaney and I spent her first Black Friday............. From the comfort of our own home............



"Most" kids look forward to receiving the toy catalogs in the mail but not my girl!!! And yes, she wants one of "everything"...........


No comments:

Post a Comment