Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sure Delaney Could Have Worn a Dress Today, But...

She decided she'd rather show her support for her daddy's favorite driver!! Now, I know what you're thinking, I have finally done it, I have lost my mind putting my daughter in something like this. But, I think the better question is WHY DOES MACY'S SELL THIS STUFF? To be perfectly honest, I bought this outfit the day we found out we were having a girl. Yes, I INTENTIONALLY bought it. Daddy said that Delaney could wear it but not outside the house. Well, since we didn't host the Brickyard get together today that means Delaney had to leave the house in it! I added the headband so there would be no confusion that Delaney is a girl!!! It has matching booties too but since my daughter and I are both hillbillies in the summer and don't wear socks we decided to forego them! Too bad Dale Jr didn't win.......
Delaney is four months old today. Where does the time go? She's smiling ALL the time, laughing, sucking her thumb (which is just about the cutest thing you've ever seen), still sleeping through the night (thank goodness), taking cereal in her bedtime bottle, drinking her pear juice and now using her Bumbo seat. I was convinced that she was still too small for it but see for yourself.........(p.s. I know you're wondering where the pink is) ha!

I like most things, am NOT excited about Delaney's developmental progression and so I had to make myself bring out the Bumbo seat but upon a second look, I decided this baby on the box was MUCH bigger than Delaney and she (ok, I) was NOT ready for it. So, I put it away. But as usual, aunt Angie decided Delaney was plenty big for it and put her in it! I"m already worried about the "next" step which I "think" will be her highchair.
Delaney loves sitting outside. Too bad she's like her mommy and is a mosquito "magnet".

It looks like a zit, but it's another mosquito bite. She is pretty sweet though, I can see why they like her.
and another bite.......
I sure hope Delaney's pediatrician isn't a blog follower........mommy finally "caved" and Delaney went swimming (earlier than he recommends). Thanks to great aunt Essie and her "creative invention", Delaney stayed in the shade the entire time (and so did the adults, I don't think any of us made it past the stairs where Delaney was!)...........
Apparently, "Carmel babies" take their bottles "poolside"....here is great aunt Beth giving Delaney her bottle.
Delaney gets LOTS of love and attention (and clothes) from her great aunts, Essie and Beth!!
oh, how I love this little girl.................only four months old but I don't remember life without her!

and she LOVED being in the pool (too bad we don't have one ourselves!! ha ha ha)

and lastly, could someone have told me (who sees me in these sunglasses) how horrible they look on me??? Guess Delaney and I need to go shopping this week----darnit!!











1 comment: