Monday, July 12, 2010

"Don't think we haven't had much to blog about"

It's just that we've had A LOT of "technical difficulties" at our house lately. This includes a "crashed" computer (again), my cell phone "dying" (and losing ALL of my contacts), the home phone line mistakenly getting cut which meant two days of no home phone service (which wasn't a huge deal because I don't know anyone's numbers and they were all in my cell phonewhich as I said was "dead") and when there's no home phone, there's no internet!! And, no home phone meant our alarm system was also down! So, it's felt a little like Walnut Grove around our house lately. As much as I complained, it was a little nice (I can't lie) to not be attached to so much technology! Last September when we had our "first flood", I called the electric company to see when we would be getting the trees trimmed out back in the easement that interfere with the phone lines. I was told (in Sept of 2009) we were on schedule for July of 2010. THEY WERE NOT LYING...........well this guy decided to (lie that is) IN THEIR WORK VAN. They unfortunately pulled up at our house just in time for lunch---well, if you call this "lunch". I assume this guy was on his lunch break..........

and this guy.....well, he's on a "phone break"............ not sure I noticed much difference out back. Let's hope the next time they come out (which is probably in 2030) we have a different and much more motivated work crew!

I took my annual Girls Gone Brown County trip this past weekend...I know what you're thinking, we look like we're on our way to Race for the Cure with our pink matching shirts!!! We always have shirts made up for our trip and this year was no exception (except that I didn't do them) our friend Angie (second from the left on the front row) stepped in this year and had these adorable pink shirts made (makes my cheapy white ones take a back seat)....the graphic on them is a cabin! They were great! Thanks Ang!!! We had a great weekend and spent some quality girl time together. It was my first time away from Delaney (two nights) and her grandparents came and stayed. I think overall, I did great. I didn't get phone service in the cabin so I decided to sleep outside on the picnic table just in case Delaney wanted to call me.....(she never did). Just kidding!! You know I can't sleep without A/C!!! We can't wait until 2011 and the planning is already in the works! Grandparents--be ready!
Angie's dad (same girl) recently retired and started making cakes...he made this cake for us! I know what you're thinking, no way is that a cake, but yes, it is and it was DELICIOUS!! I sure wish he would have found another hobby because I am going to gain all of my baby weight back if I keep getting to sample his work!

And of course what's a blog post if there isn't a picture of this little girl. I will never know what I did to deserve her. Delaney Catherine, as your daddy told you everyday YOU ARE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!!! I know you're wondering why a girl with so many clothes is only wearing a diaper! Well, as I said before, I think she looks adorable in everything and that includes a diaper! She eventually put on clothes.






No comments:

Post a Comment