Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"Delaney's First Wedding"

Delaney got to attend her first wedding. My step brother got married on Saturday evening at the Indianapolis Country Club. It was an absolutely beautiful evening, wedding and setting. The weather could not have been better. The ceremony took place under a white tent on the grounds and the reception in the ballroom inside the country club. As soon as we got there, I put our "plan" into action. I looked around for the best "get away route" if necessary (but you know how this is going to end).....I decided I would sit in the back just in case I needed to "get away" fast........to be in the shade that meant we had to sit on the bride's side (no big deal). I waited ten minutes before the ceremony began and decided to give Delaney a bottle. Well, if you know my daughter you know how well she burps and she made no exception just because she was at a wedding. She burped twice but I will take burping over crying any day. She was as usual.......PERFECT during the entire evening. I told the bride and groom their's was our "test wedding" and Delaney passed with flying colors...............She had a new dress, new socks, new shoes and a new bib. She did not however have a new slip to go under her dress (stay tuned on how we handled that fashion mistake)...........here is her new bib her grandma Terry got her (Delaney was ready for ice cream)! P.S. she wasn't into smiling for any of the pictures that night.Here we are just before dinner. I laughed---I was the first one to COMPLETELY finish my dinner at our table. I "reminded" everyone I rarely get a hot meal these days and not to make fun of me!

Delaney's grandpa holding her..............Delaney loves her grandpa! We teased him he looked like Johnny Cash in his black tux before he added the tie.

Here is mommy's friends getting Delaney ready ---all THREE of them. I was getting ready myself and had NO clue what was going on--including the fact they made my daughter a slip out of a onesie!! I will never forget Angie asking me if Delaney has any "sleeveless onesies"---she does now!!!!! Yes, that is a onesie and they cut the sleeves out of it so her dress wouldn't be "itchy" on her---my poor daughter now owns a "wife beater".



Never mind that the cake is leaning. A "leaning" cake tastes just as good as one that is not leaning. The cake was delicious!! The bride's dress......absolutely gorgeous!!

And they lived happily ever after..............(hope they are enjoing Mexico)! Only young kids could take the hot Mexican heat in July!




No comments:

Post a Comment