Sunday, March 8, 2015

Supermoms v. Non-Supermoms

If I ever want to know what kind of job I'm doing as a mom, all I need to do is go to Delaney's gymnastics where recently, two of the moms were sitting in front of me (one was breastfeeding).  They each have three kids.  One of the moms asked the other if they were "done".  "No, we don't use chemical birth control, we are letting God decide how big he wants our family".  Then they started comparing notes about home schooling....oh, and I should mention that one of the moms is a former preschool teacher who brings those nasty looking green shakes (probably kale) for her two year old son to drink! Just the sight of it makes me sick and appreciate even more whoever invented the large diet coke from McD's in a Styrofoam cup for $1.09!  So, we've got breastfeeding, homeschooling, healthy shake making moms!  And if that wasn't enough, when class was over, they were talking about how they were each headed to libraries for story time.  Delaney and I were headed to Red Box!  Once we made it home, I may have locked her in the car............at least we were in our garage!


I don't make healthy smoothies and couldn't even tell you where our blender is!!!
Breastfeeding didn't work and home schooling is out of the question!  Story time wasn't really our thing either (or maybe just mine) and as a matter of fact, I locked her in the car there too!

I hate feeling like I should be doing more......maybe we can just quit gymnastics!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, she wants her belly button pierced. I think you are doing a fine job 😀

    ReplyDelete