Thursday, March 5, 2015

Time To Wear Green!!!

March means it's time to break out the St. Patrick's Day shirts!  Although Delaney told me she could have worn this shirt on "balentines" day since it has hearts on it.


At lunch the other day with my friends, I told them that I always knew Delaney would have a "big" personality, but I never dreamed she would be as entertaining as she is.

Delaney loves McAlister's and I love our mommy daughter lunches.  We talk  about VERY important topics like hair......When I pick up Delaney from school there is no other way to describe it other than a hot mess!  She never has her hair accessory in her hair....NEVER!  While at lunch, I told her her hair was a hot mess and she said "well yours is a disaster"...........we picked a new topic.

One of the workers came over and was chatting with Delaney and wanted to know if I had "just the one".....you already know how I feel about that!!!

At JCP, the cashier asked Delaney her name and then said "I've never heard that name".....I get that all the time. 

I was telling Delaney how she never forgets a thing and she said "you can say that again"

I try really hard not to buy junk food. So when there's a bag of chips in the house, it's a big deal.  I made a really good recipe (Pinterest of course!) with chicken nachos.  I bought the ingredients to make it again and every single day, Delaney wants to know if she can have the Tostitos.  And every single day I tell her that is for a recipe.  The other night she walked into the living room holding the bag and I just shook my head "no".  She said "well just how did this bag of chips get in my hand, did it grow a pair of legs or something"?????

I told her "Delaney, if you take that off one more time, you are going to get in trouble".  She said "mommy, I didn't take it off, my hands did, can just my hands get in trouble"!!!!

At school the other day the kids colored pictures of their dads.  Delaney brought it home, cut it out, and said "I"m going to put this in the drawer with Abe Lincoln's picture".  Over President's Day, they colored pictures of Abe Lincoln.....ours is African American.........

While watching Fixer Upper, I said "Delaney do you like that house"?  She said "No, it's not really my style, I don't like this one either (as in OURS), I think I would like something a little more "pinkish"......

"Mommy, did they have a master bedroom in Bethlehem"  (She also told me they didn't have any fast food restaurants, NOT EVEN A TACO BELL in Bethlehem).............






1 comment: