Saturday, March 7, 2015

My Second Favorite Thing He Left Behind..................

I don't know how he did it, but somehow in just two short months, Dave left behind a lifetime of memories with Delaney.  I was reminded of one the other night while watching..........................

When Delaney was two months old, I was watching the season finale (2010).  And if there was an award for the best season finale ever, that would be it! Remember when the gunman came into the hospital and shot Derrick because he thought he let his wife die?  Yep, THE BEST SEASON FINALE EVER!!!!

I was watching it in the bedroom and was holding Delaney with my legs propped up and she was laying on them facing me.  Dave was watching tv in the living room because what guy watches Greys Anatomy?!?!?!?  As soon as he heard the gunshots on tv, he came running into the bedroom, grabbed Delaney and told me she shouldn't be watching it!  You know because she could see that far away at 2 months old with the eyes in the back of her head.............................................

The other night Delaney was having a hard time going to sleep, it was a school night, but when she stood in front of me telling me she just wanted to be with her momma, I couldn't resist.  I picked her up, and rocked her to sleep in the chair.  Before she fell asleep, we were watching Grey's Anatomy.  One of the fetal surgeons was performing surgery that looked much like a c-section.  I told Delaney that's how she "came out".  Then she said "did it hurt", "were you scared".  She is the most inquisitive little thing I have ever met! Then she fell asleep in my arms and I eventually carried her to bed. 

I know this story about a fictional tv show is all over the place but I'll never forget David coming to get her and telling me she shouldn't be watching Greys Anatomy.  And I'm sure at 4 years old she still shouldn't be!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment